Department and project context
This vacancy for a test automation engineer is in one of the System Development departments in Venlo. You will work in a project that develop and maintain cloud software that adds valuable functionality to Canon multifunctional printer/copier/scanner. The functionality is implemented partially in the cloud, and partially on the Canon controller platform that steers the multifunctional printer/copier/scanner. Focus is on automation of system product testing of our cloud software. Because the current version of the cloud services in view are not fully automatically testable, you first need to manually test this software, and use this to learn what to automate. To automate our product tests we need to automate tests of the software modules delivered by the development team, using methods that are aligned with the system testing team. You can help define and improve such methods as well. You also need to cooperate with our colleagues in Timisoara, Romania. Also, because not everything will be possible to test automatically, you will also do manual testing of course.
Goal of the role
Test cloud software services. Automate product testing of cloud software in one project. Perform product testing.
What will be the most challenging?
- Work with different types of printers
- Work with different types of cloud services
- Work with colleagues from different site
Most important and critical tasks
- Automate the deployment of software deliveries to an existing test farm
- Automate the release activities (make software available for operations)
- Perform product testing, also manually
- Be able to assess or rate severity of issues
- Cooperate with both SW developers as well as colleague systems testers
Who are we looking for?
- Candidate has at least a HBO, with a clear understanding of cloud software that implements functionality in different subsystem
- About 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a test engineer in a high-tech industry, as tester engineer working with complex products, including both software as hardware components
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows computers
- Basic knowledge on Angular with Protractor in order to implement tests
- Knowledge of test automation, Robot, Gherkin, Cucumber, Specflow, PowerShell
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, WebAPI, Web backend, and how to test them
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience in writing and reviewing test designs and testcases
- To be successful the candidate has an open attitude, is accurate, result driven, well organized, systems thinking, and understand complex system behavior
- Candidate has profound knowledge ­verbal and written ­of English and (preferably) Dutch
Please contact us for more information!
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.