Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Senior or Principal Scientist Upstream Processing (USP) at Janssen Vaccines in Leiden.
The USP department is responsible for early- as well as late-stage development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. This is done in close collaboration with many partners in Discovery, Development and Supply Chain in an international environment.
Within the USP department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of Scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within their projects. The current focus of the USP department is on developing robust processes for the manufacturing of the COVID-19 and RSV vaccines and transferring the technology to multiple production facilities. In order to support these activities, we are looking for an experienced Senior or Principal Scientist USP.
- Leads teams of motivated process developers
- Develops and executes USP early- and late-stage development and tech transfer strategies
- Creates and manages research plans with greater complexity in the delivery of business results
- Represents USP in multidisciplinary project team(s)
- Acts as senior author in the preparation of presentations, technical reports, documents for regulatory filing and patents
- Applies the latest technological innovations into the daily work. One of the major innovations currently explored is modeling, data science and statistical analysis applied to bioprocessing
- Master or PhD degree in biopharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, engineering or any other related field
- >6 years additional late-stage biopharmaceutical industrial experience
- Technical working knowledge on bioreactor process technology; ideally for R&D and/or commercial (GMP) purposes
- Experience with two or more of the following: life cycle process validation; regulatory submission writing; process improvements; technology transfer; manufacturing support; people management.
- You have good communication skills in English
- Motivated team player
- Flexible and have a can-do attitude
- Pro-active mindset
- Supervising skills
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract via Yacht for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Salary depending on seniority, between 5200 and 7200 euro gross per 4 week period.
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. They are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of novel vaccines to prevent some of the most devastating and complex infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern such as Ebola and COVID-19.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are of crucial importance. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.