For our client DAF Trucks located in Eindhoven, we are looking for a:
Engine Performance Calibration Engineer
To calibrate and validate DAF's best-in-class engines for optimal performance.
As an engine performance calibration engineer you will be part of a team which calibrates DAF's best in class engines for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints.
Your tasks will include:
- Develop heavy duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration
Performance validation of new proto engines
- Analyze and solve deviations
- Monitor spread
- Deliver feedback for improvements
- Take part on one of many engine calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal to have optimal fuel economy and performance within the defined constraints.
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in teams to support several different projects
- As an engine performance calibration engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor of the System Calibration team.
The ideal candidate brings along the following background:
- • Master degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
• Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines
- Data acquisition
- Data analytics
- ATI / Inca
- Experience on heavy duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- Matlab experience (modeling and scripting) is a pre
- Knowledge of statistics
This person has the following competences
- Result orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing (Dutch skills are preferred, or the willingness to learn)
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions.
Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals
DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for heavy duty diesel engine development within PACCAR. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers.
Within the engine development department, the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.