As a Java developer at this company you will focus on the backend of our e-commerce platform. Working at this company means working in an international agile minded working environment with many technical challenges. Our e-commerce platform has to keep up with our everyday growing customer base, and that’s why we are looking for the best developers. Are you a software craftsman who, can write maintainable, clean and testable code, but can also contribute to the development of the team? Then this is your chance to join this company.
As a Java developer, you will be part of one of the scrum teams. Each scrum team has all the skills to be able to implement a user story from A to Z. Your agile team consists of developers, business analyst, tester, scrum master, product owner and DevOps engineers. Together you will work in sprints of two weeks.
The company gives a lot of autonomy and responsibility to people. Within teams they expect you to take ownership and to help the team improve continuously. They want to write maintainable, clean code. They review each other’s code and try to learn from each other whenever they can. The organization continuously test and analyze the performance of their system to keep up with their ever-growing customer base.
Whether it’s their order management system, website or apps; the backend of their e-commerce platform is crystal clear to you. They strive to make online shopping for our customers better every day and, as a Java developer, you can add value in many ways: you create and improve features, work on performance, user experience or clean up technical debt.
The organization is looking for Java developers with a passion for their craft, who care about the quality of the code and of the products they create. You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues. You speak and write English fluently.
- You play an important role in re-architecting our platform from a monolithic architecture to a Microservices architecture deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- You write maintainable and clean code which you continuously test
- You will be part of one of our scrum teams and work closely with front-end developers and DevOps engineers. All our teams are agile, working in Scrum or Kanban.
- You try to coach other team members as much as possible: review each other’s code and try to learn from each other
- 8+ years of experience as a Java developer, preferably in an e-commerce environment;
You will get to the top of the list if you:
- Have experience with other languages like Scala or Kotlin;
- Have knowledge of web services using SOAP or REST communication protocols and message queuing;
- Can’t live with technical debt and you advocate why it’s important to pay it off;
- Are flexible enough to work in standby shifts every now and then;
You have the following skills:
- You are a software craftsman. You care about the code you write, and you promote software development best practices and principles within the team and the department;
- You have experience with Java SE 7 & 8, Spring framework, JUnit, Hibernate and Tomcat as well as with development tools like Jenkins, Git, Chef and Maven;
- The code you write has been shipped with tests. TDD is not a must, but encouraged;
- Continuous delivery is not a mystery to you;
Of course, you’ll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions.
The company is transforming into a more technology-focused company. They are organized based on agile principles and their 300 IT professionals work in multi-disciplinary scrum teams. You will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.