Our client is an innovative project organization with experienced International sales and engineering teams, project managers, manufacturing and construction facilities and research and development. Due to growth and further future business development, our client is currently looking for an experienced Strategic Buyer / Sourcing Manager.
The Strategic Buyer / Sourcing Manager we are looking for, will be based in Houten, operating within the manufacturing environment.
In this position, you will define the long term strategy for categories including mechanical components and contract manufacturing of assemblies in close cooperation with other stakeholders within the Supply Chain Organization. In this role, you will work closely among others with the Tactical Purchasers, Supply Chain Development Engineers, Procurement Manager and Supply Chain Manager.
You will be responsible for developing a Strategy and maintaining a reliable supplier base but will also support the Tactical and Operational buyers throughout the entire procurement process to ensure the suppliers are performing as agreed. To create leverage and reduce risk, the Strategic Buyer will also participate in International Global teams.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Own the relationship between key suppliers and the organization, become intimately familiar with suppliers’ capabilities, strengths & weaknesses;
- Identify potential new suppliers and manage the supplier assessment, approval and onboarding, with the input of internal customers and support of Supply Chain Development;
- Negotiate supply agreements and cost models with key suppliers, ensure pricing and lead time information is updated in the ERP master data;
- Support buyers to escalate and resolve issues with existing suppliers, evaluate supplier performance through business reviews;
- Anticipate the upcoming project requirements to ensure successful procurement;
- Identify specific requirements (technical, volume…) in the sales forecast to proactively ensure the right suppliers will be available;
- Support local manufacturing equipment by developing competitive sources for key components, including approval of first articles, investment in supplier tooling;
- Review technical requirements from R&D and project engineering, and recommend how to adjust specifications to minimize costs, lead time and risks (manufacturability, standardization, etc.);
- Communicate upcoming market changes to internal customers (commodity prices, shipping cost);
- Leverage procurement categories within the International organization and beyond to minimize the cost;
- Be the sourcing point of contact for a portfolio of categories to be defined, together with the Manager of Strategic Sourcing;
- Develop RFP’s to benchmark families of items, set selection and award criteria to assess proposals, identify cost reduction opportunities and get them implemented;
- Propose the optimization of the supplier base for each category (develop, add, remove) based on the risk and spend level (strategic, bottleneck, leverage);
- Develop category strategies to improve cost, lead time and quality, get buy-in from key stakeholders, and publish them throughout the organization;
- Collaborate closely with sourcing managers in the Netherlands, Italy, China and the US to align the global category decisions;
- Apply best sourcing practices and identify continuous improvement opportunities in tools and processes (RFI, RFQ, award criteria, spend analysis, supplier scorecards).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years experience in Procurement, with at least 5 years in a sourcing position in a manufacturing company;
- Expertise in sourcing mechanical and electrical components, understanding of their manufacturing processes;
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%. (Domestic and international)
- Excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a big advantage
Skills and abilities
- Experience with procurement methods (should cost, RFQ, linear pricing, EOQ, experience curve, Kraljic matrix);
- Ability to develop business cases based on total cost to support procurement decisions;
- Ability to analyze spend and turn it into useful information (excel pivot tables, graphs, VLOOKUP);
- Ability to summarize complex situations, and provide clear recommendations;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to set own goals and get things done, drive to win;
- Good time management, ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Excellent negotiation skills, creative thinker, problem solver;
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, superior communicator;
- Sense of customer service, cross-functional team player, relationship builder;
- Ability to deal with fluid situations, incomplete information, flexibility.
Gross monthly salary between €4500,- - €6000,- based on a 40-hour workweek. Travel allowance of €0.19/km, with a maximum of 50 km one way. Laptop and mobile phone. 25 + 13 days of annual leave.
A Technical innovative and International project organization
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.