The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project-oriented work efforts and success of their projects across technical and non-technical departments. The Project Manager will create scope documents and project plans (work breakdown structures); track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests, and/or resources and drive resolution of cross-project issues and dependencies reviewing lessons learned after project conclusion to improve future processes. Project Firetrackers is now in phase 1 and moving to phase 2. More info about the project: https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/solutions/kluwerarbitration/practiceplus
· Project Planning – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value;
· Project Management - Organize and lead project status and working meetings; create and distribute regular reports on project progress, blockers, milestones, and resource needs; identify and clear roadblocks for SCRUM teams; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
· Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work, and mentoring and developing team members
· Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
· Project Sponsor and Team Support - Assist Project Sponsor and teams in identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities within a project.
· Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
· Product Testing – Create test plan and test strategy and execute tests in a formal and evaluate the quality of the system under test.
· Product Documentation - Make certain the project and system documentation are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
Education: BS or equivalent experience is required; MS is a plus. Preferably IT-related.
A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
· Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
· Preferably has experience managing security and vulnerability issues within a software company.
· Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
· Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
o Project Management tools including JIRA
o Rapid Prototyping tools such as InVision
o Other tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools is a plus
o Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
o Solid HTML and CSS
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, or Certifications:
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
· Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
CV + motivation need to be in English
This position is open due to maternity leave
The start is preferred early December and the end date is June 2022
2 to 3 days working in the office in Alphen, further working remotely
There will be two interviews and a Business case
Technical background is important, not programming or something, but that someone understands it and can give good advice
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.