Do you want to accelerate innovation and the creation of new healthcare products that matter?
Do you believe that healthcare needs to be revolutionized and that a combination of connected consumer propositions and medical devices will drive that revolution?
Do you want to help define the future of healthcare by developing first-of-a-kind solutions that have a positive impact on peoples health?
Within the Application Software group as part of the Electronics Department, we are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Designer who will work together with the existing teams in developing the application software for current and future Philips products.
As a Senior Software Designer you are responsible for:
- Working with a focus on consumer needs and technological competitiveness, keeping an outside-in approach in mind for the designs you create.
- The design, realization, integration, and test of systems or subsystems
- Inspiring and supporting your engineering team
- Adapting and improving you and your team to a world that is constantly changing around you
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget
- Delivering input in the planning process to the project leader.
- Ensuring that there is proper documentation for the developed software.
- Combining existing and/or purchased modules into components, which can be integrated into a working system.
- Leading improvement initiatives with regard to technological improvements and performs future-oriented studies with other specialists
Your team will work according to the Agile principles of Scrum and eXtreme Programming. You will work on highly innovative, first-of-a-kind propositions that are new within Philips, so an entrepreneurial mindset is an advantage. Together with your team, you will strive for continuous improvement of deliverables, your way of working, and yourself. The world doesn't run from 9 to 5, so flexible working hours can be combined with a healthy work-life balance. Colleagues will challenge and coach you and you should willingly return the favor.
We are looking for
- You have an education in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in prototype or product development
- Proven track record with development methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Proven track record of object oriented analysis and design in C++
- Affinity with video signal processing
- Experience with programming in Matlab
- Experience with developing applications on Windows or Embedded Linux
- You enjoy working in cross-functional teams; you are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Strong technical skills in (embedded) software development.
This role will appeal to you if you
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams
- Are curious, open and feel at home in a dynamic environment
- Start: 01/11/2021
- End: 31/10/2022
- Hours: 40
- Location: Eindhoven
**Contract is with Yacht. After the end date, you should be open to a transfer to Philips. Freelance is not an option.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.