The Molecular and Bioassay (MBA) team is a diverse and dynamic group (around 45 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for developing methods to characterize our vaccines. Together, we use biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. We have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for an assistant scientist who:
- Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team and supporting method development activities of the team as a whole.
- Accurately and precisely performs experiments to develop and optimize our methods or to analyze samples for process support and product characterization
- Has a critical attitude towards handling of biologically active substances
- Takes an active role in lab management next to the experimental work and supports the continues improvement of an efficient lab organization.
- Takes ownership as author of standard operating procedures and oral presentations.
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology.
- Requires 2-4 Years of Work Experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or method development, GMP or ML2 laboratory is highly preferable.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others.
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a secondment contract for 1 year via Yacht with an assignment at J&J Vaccines & Prevention B.V. for at least 12 months. Salary is between 3000 Euro - 3700 Euro gross per 4 week period.
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Introduction of company and team:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V., previously Crucell, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are dedicated to bringing life-saving innovation to global health.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.