Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a highly motivated Scientist Molecular and Bioassay development at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention.
The Molecular and Bioassay (MBA) team is a young and dynamic group (35 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for developing methods to characterize their vaccines. Together, they use biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of their products. They have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
We are looking for a Scientist Molecular and Bioassay development who:
- Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team and contributing to method development knowledge of the team as a whole
- Actively shares expertise in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and/or NGS
- Aims to shape the life cycle management up to and including validation of methods for release and characterization of vaccines
- Acts as a technical lead to strengthen our product development strategy
- Has strong capabilities to collaborate with Scientists across multiple disciplines
- Takes ownership as author in the preparation of presentations, documents for regulatory filing and patents
- PhD degree in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology
- >1 years additional (post PhD) and relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnological industry
- Experience with the execution and development of ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays and/or NGS
- Experience with method development under ICH guidelines
- GMP working knowledge
- Fluency in English
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable. Salary between 4000 and 5200 euro gross per month.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson and is passionate about the development, production and marketing of vaccines to prevent and combat infectious diseases. The Analytical Development department within Janssen Vaccines is responsible for developing methods that are required for analysis of vaccines for human use. Analysis includes testing for identity, quantity, potency, purity, and viral and microbial contamination.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.