In this role you have the opportunity to
Join Philips Domestic Appliances business, a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion sales in very successful home products, kitchen appliances, coffee and garment care.
You will be the back-up for the Global Transport Manager (50%) and the Business Process Expert (50%) Both persons will spend major part of their time in 2022 on an IT implementation project and therefor need support for their other responsibilities. The role focusses on project support and setting up, implementing and maintaining new processes. Output of this role is crucial for the total supply chain to ensure smooth shipping, cost savings and performance. Your key stakeholders, next to the transport and warehousing teams, are suppliers, procurement and the supply chain teams in the sales organizations. You will report to the Physical Distribution Manager and may have dual reporting lines content wise based on the subject
You are responsible for:
- Support on several savings and optimization projects related to our warehousing operations. (E.g.: WHS optimization processes, cost saving initiatives, etc.)
- Set up, implement and maintain KPI reporting process for global transport
- Set up, implement and maintain claims handling process for transport related damages
You are part of
- Philips Domestic Appliances Integral Warehousing & distribution team. This team is responsible for Transport, Warehousing and Distribution globally for business Domestic Appliances, running an efficient business and at the same time constantly transforming and innovating and building new capabilities to improve for our customers. As we value diversity, we have a multi-functional and diverse team, with different points of view and different ways of thinking.
- This role will be based in Eindhoven, NL and report to the physical distribution manager based in Hungary. The entire team is spread across the globe and for this role, the main contacts will be in in The Netherlands, Hungary and France.
In return, we offer you
A perfect opportunity to boost your CV. with a 1-year contract, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about logistical processes and has a high drive to execute all that needs to be done efficiently while at the same time keeping the overview of open actions and issues. .
- We are looking for someone who is eager to further develop on transport and warehousing processes and connects to people around the world if there are issues to be solved.
- Key competencies are in natural drive for continuous improvement, strong analytic skills and ability to work independently and being fast and eager in learning new things.
- Master’s degree in logistics and / or supply chain management.
- 2-4 year work experience in the logistics field, e.g as logistics engineer
- Excellent excel skills i.e. functions like VLOOKUP are critical
- Being accurate is critical in this role
- (internal) customer oriented
- Good communicator / presentation skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Fast learner
- Able to work under stressful circumstances and to work against deadlines.
- Lean skills, especially Daily Management, is a nice to have
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge in IT applications e.g. SAP / ERP / Excel etc. TMS (Infodis/ SAP TMS)
- Good analytical and strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and willing to take new challenges
Duration: 12 months
Hour: 40 hours
If you want to apply, please share the following information:
• CV in English
• Motivation in English
• Holiday planning
Why should you join Philips Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves. Since September 1st, Philips Domestic Appliances acts as independent company from Philips.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.