Due to expansion of the Indirect Tax Team in Rotterdam, we are looking for a VAT Compliance Specialist for the German market.
As a VAT Compliance Specialist you are responsible for compliance with the obligations arising from the (international) laws and regulations with regard to sales tax. You ensure the uniformity of the administration with regard to sales tax and the resulting reports, provide functional guidance to the Compliance staff (VAT), fulfill the role of internal advisor and are the main point of contact within the organization regarding the obligations relating to (international) sales tax. In addition you are responsible for compliance In addition, you will independently handle VAT (de-)registrations and are also responsible for a complete and correct reconciliation between the administration (turnover ledger account, purchase ledger account, VAT ledger accounts) and the various VAT declarations. You correspond independently with the tax authorities and support the Manager Indirect Tax with VAT audits.
A few of the tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for VAT compliance of the German business units;
- Performing VAT reconciliations and assisting in VAT audits;
- Liaising with Finance, Trading, Treasury, and other colleagues;
- Maintaining and optimizing VAT processes;
- Identifying VAT risks and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (Tax Economics or Business Administration “HEAO-BE”) with 5 years of working experience in VAT
- Relevant experience within an EU VAT environment
- Knowledge of EU VAT
- Fluent in English and at least basic understanding of Dutch (German language skills are considered a plus)
- Familiar with ERP systems (preferably JDE) and excellent command or MS PowerPoint and MS Excel/Access.
You are a well-organized person with excellent communication skills for interacting at all levels in the organization, proactive, independent and with a hands-on mentality. In order to connect with an be visible to your stakeholder, you need to be an enthusiast and bright team player. Next to this, you work solution- & results-oriented
Maximum salary of € 4.000,= gross a month
8% holiday allowance
27 leave days
Willing to work standby shifts during nights/weekends in a shift of 4 persons
A top supplier of high quality fuels to various industries across North Western Europe, including transportation, agriculture, bunkering, manufacturing, construction and home energy. The organization produces and provides transport fuels, heavy fuel oils, heating fuels and biofuels that add value to their clients business. They serve their customers across North Western Europe by producing and providing high quality fuel and gas products along with efficient logistical services.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.