Designs Controller platform features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation,coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the architect/designer. It is expected that the senior SW engineer takes initiative to realize sprint goals together with his/her fellow software engineers in the development team.
The Controller platform is part of a Canon multifunctionalprinter/copier/scanner and handles all generic platform activities on the Canon multifunctional, e.g. OS, drivers, libraries, security, usermanagement, system access, peripherals. These platform activities arepart of the engine's so-called Controller software, which in its turnhandles all logistic behavioural and storage processes of the Canon multifunctional.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for the design to be made on feature or function level.
- Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. Especially performance and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- Communicates and interacts with client projects independently.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-howfor the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
You'll be working with 3 colleagues and one Team Lead.
In this team they are all seniors.
Who are we looking for?
- Has large expertise in used technologies C# (80%) and C++(20%); keeps it up-to date. Experience in working in teams. Experience in working in software and multi disciplinary teams. Experience in modern Software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Higher Vocational of university education in Computer/Software scienceor equivalent and 8+
year working experience
- Has experience with Visual Studio
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place. Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the used development environment / tools TFS).
- Good communicative skills
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker.
- Proven ability to be very productive and disciplined team player.
- Be a sparring partner for the other software engineers
- Take initiative
- Able to make optimal choice between Quality and Time.
- Able to work in project where not always Functional Specifications or Impact analysis are finalized.
- Not hesitant in retrieving information from other colleagues to get his work done.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.