DAF Trucks N.V. with location in Eindhoven (Netherlands) is looking for a
Senior OBD Calibration Engineer
Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel engines?
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to inform the driver and aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
• ‘All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today’
o Always looking for Continuous Improvement to give the best product to our customers
• Not afraid to say what needs to be said, do what needs to be done.
• Calibration of Boost, EGR System & Exhaust Gas Sensor diagnostics to ensure the engine is compliant to OBD regulation and meet requirements from DAF product specification book.
• Specify and Monitor interaction between different development teams for involved components and associated diagnostics. Technical as well on planning, timing and quality aspects.
• Perform or Support Calibration and Verification work on engine and vehicle level.
• Identify Weaknesses & Opportunities wrt diagnostic, processes and tooling.
• Support Field data analysis.
• Support the OBD certification process.
• Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (Test-cases / DOE / Simulations / HIL) and different types of documentation.
As OBD Calibration Engineer you will report to the Engineering Supervisor OBD & Legislation, supported by an OBD Performance Lead Engineer.
• Bachelor or Master degree on automotive or mechanical engineering with specialization on internal combustion engines
• Knowledge or interest in OBD regulation and OBD systems.
• Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
• Good Matlab/Simulink, Data Processing Tools & MS-Office skills are mandatory.
• Knowledge about Statistics is required.
• Ability to bring a message across to different audiences, motivate and support team members.
• Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch if needed.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.