· To achieve our strategic goal, line managers continuously improve the value performance of our daily operations.
· Continuous Improvement is about optimizing our Operating model and the Customer Value Add, looking into topics like:
o Process, Data, Applications, Organization and People
o Quality, Logistics, Costs, Technology and Customer Satisfaction
· The Business Owner is responsible for customer driven design & build of a Configure-to-Order compliant operating model in his domain (HR or Finance) as well as the CI portfolio management to optimize it.
· The Business Architect is responsible to translate the requirements for its Business Domain (HR or Finance) into an accepted, fit for purpose, operating model for its Business Domain (HR or Finance).
· The Business Architect manages and executes the process of our Enterprise Architecture Approach, to translate the strategy into an agreed and implemented operating model with positive impact on the bottom line of Vanderlande, by:
o developing a high quality blueprint / strategic design of the business domain;
o making an impact analysis covering process, data, IT application, organization and people;
o developing the requirements for the Business Capabilities used in the Business Domain design;
o working together with stakeholders to come to an aligned, accepted and implemented Business Domain design;
o safeguarding that the design complies with the Reference Architecture, and can be integrated in the IT Application Landscape, Process Map & Business Data Model, as well as safeguarding the organizational growth model compliance;
o supporting business case creation for Design & Build (CA/ CBPP) project proposals and define the way to measure the added value of the improvement;
o driving, managing and facilitating decision making on changes and priorities;
o supporting the implementation of new and/or improved Business Capabilities.
Key performance areas
· Being an intermediary:
o Build and maintain relationships on all levels of the organisation and with external partners;
o Build bridges by connecting people from different disciplines and facilitate them during workshops;
o Represent the business interests in Design & Build teams.
· Manage your Stake Holders:
o Maintain "internal" customer satisfaction without neglecting the company constraints and our worldwide scope;
o Partner and align with all relevant stakeholders: Owners, Architects, Experts, Program & Business Improvement Managers.
· Manage Design & Build decision making:
o Drive and facilitate Design & Build decision making by Value Chain Owners, Business Domain Owners, based on high quality design proposals co-created with other Architects.
· Being Architect:
o Identify and analyse global improvements based on the strategic decisions, business opportunities & requirements, audit results, improvement ideas and change requests;
o Co-develop Business Domain improvement roadmaps by bringing improvement initiatives together with positive impact on the bottom line;
o Make accepted holistic Business Domain designs covering aspects related to people, organisation, processes, data and IT Applications;
o Develop and maintain the Integrated Operating Model and integrate it in the overall Enterprise Operating Model;
o Define business requirements for the Business Capabilities in your Business Domain;
Safeguard the usage of the Vanderlande Enterprise Architecture;
- Manage, develop and maintain the Enterprise Platform: Business Capability Map, Process Map, Business Data Model, Integrated Operating Models, IT Application Landscape, Business Capability “where used”.
· Support worldwide implementation and adoption:
o Support transitions by supporting Line Management, Business Improvement Managers and Subject Matter Experts, Business Quality Officers during implementation;
o Safeguards that the necessary trainings are developed to organize user training and key user support;
- Support Enterprise Architecture & Change Management approach in Business Transformation projects and continuous improvement projects;
o Audit Business Capability adherence to measure the adoption level and positive impact as well as to identify improvements.
As Business Architect you are member of the Enterprise Architecture team. This team develops and maintains the Vanderlande Enterprise Platform consisting of the Enterprise Reference Architecture, all Integrated Operating Model & Business Capability design & builds for Vanderlande worldwide.
The team is also responsible for Quality Management and our ISO 9001 certification. Therefore the team organizes internal and external audits, as well as follow-ups, to reduce our business risks and increase our customers’ satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, you have a Bachelors or Master degree in Business Administration or Industrial Engineering. You have at least 5 years working experience in business process and application management, being involved in improvements projects on strategic, tactical, and operational level. You have excellent knowledge and practical experience in a broad range of business processes. Furthermore, you are/have:
- A Business-savvy generalist that, understands typical business terminology of all processes and can participate in discussions with business stakeholders, at all levels, to get a good understanding of their interests;
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills;
- Building relationships based on trust, to have influence and impact and to achieve a sufficient level of engagement;
- Team player with strong focus on stakeholder management and building strong relationships;
- Bringing people together in teams, coordinate and facilitate them with respect for local cultures;
- Steering on progress is your second nature;
- Proactive and effective as architect with a good understanding of process, IT, human, product and organizational consequences;
- the ability to adjust the approach, words, representation formats etc, based on audience, circumstances and new information, to create an accepted solution design;
- Able to independently scope, plan, manage, execute and control your daily work as well as the work of others;
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Change Management best practices and theories (e.g. LEAN, Prosci® ADKAR, etc.), as well as best practices in Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise design methods;
- Good command of English, both verbal and written, is essential. Dutch is preferred, other languages are an advantage;
- Flexible in travelling internationally (up to 30%, depending on the projects);
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.2 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 8.8 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 17 of the world’s top 25. More than 20 million parcels (300 packages per second) are sorted by its systems every day. These have been installed for a variety of customers including the four largest parcel and postal companies in the world. In addition, 12 of Europe’s top 20 e-commerce companies and many distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 4,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of more than one billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
Global Commercial Baggage Handling System market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; the top players including
G&S Airport Conveyor
Pteris Global Limited
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.