The responsibility of the Hands-on Team Lead is the management of laboratory operators, resource planning, analysis planning and on time delivery of departmental objectives. This will be in joined effort with 3 current Team Leads. The operational team develops and executes assays for the analysis of clinical trial samples. Assays mainly performed are ELISA and VNA assays, although additional/ new assays are regularly assessed and developed. The required activities must be executed, documented and reported according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements. The Team lead will drive a continuous improvement and process excellence culture, where every team member is empowered to drive positive change in collaboration with the other team leads, and other key stakeholders within the department, such as the laboratory head and Scientists.
The task will include:
- Line management of the Operators (Technicians) within the team e.g. goal setting, talent development and performance management of the Operators, and hiring of new technicians
- Supervise the planning of the day-to-day tasks of the Operators, as well as provide mid to long term planning toward completion of relevant departmental objectives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to staff for personal development
- Continuous improvement of group related processes
- Job requirements: Bachelor, Master or equivalent level in biological/medical sciences or equivalent, with a strong immunology component
- At least 5 years of experience within a lab, of which 2 years in a supervisor role. We are not looking for candidate mainly for planning, but more as a people manager. This candidate should be willing to work in the lab as a technician as well.
- Fluency in English and preferably also knowledge of Dutch
- Scientific Organizational skills
- Good management and communication skills
- Experience in line management required
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a matrix team are equally important as independent planning and execution of tasks
- Flexible working attitude, a can-do mentality and the ability to work independently
- Strong focus on commitments, quality and timelines
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to provide, mentoring and training to the team
Terms of employment:
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is possible).
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 3600 and 4200 euro gross per 4-week period)
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
About the company:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is a global biotech company which is part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Within this family the facility at the Bioscience park in Leiden focuses on the development, production and marketing groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV and Ebola.
Research & Development Department:
The Clinical Immunology Research & Development department is responsible for the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. Hereto, the department executes the immunological strategy supporting the clinical development, and ensures the development, and validation of the required immunological assays, as well as the clinical sample analysis. Typical assays to determine the immunogenicity of vaccines are the antibody ELISA, T cell ELISpot, Intracellular Cytokine Staining, and virus neutralization (VNA) assays.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.