For the Base engine group, we have an open position for an Engine Development Engineer in the Running business team.
In your position as Engine Development Engineer you are responsible for maintaining the engines currently in production. You will support the existing Mechanical Expert team and lead ad-hoc problem solving team. You have a variety of responsibilities:
• Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
• Focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
• Close contact with Operations, Aftersales and Testing department to quickly define problem of seen issues, generate hypothesis for root cause, analyze and validate proposed solutions.
• Report status and progress, towards management, including results and detailed technical proposals to resolve issues.
• Leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with Mechanical experts, Aftersales, CAE and Engine test departments.
• Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques and problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle.
• Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones.
As Running Business Engine Development Engineer you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group and Project Lead Engineer of the Running Business Team.
• Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical or Engine Engineering.
• 5 years of experience in a product development environment.
• Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
• Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch)
• Ability to handle multiple projects thank to strong organization skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality.
• Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre
• Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up
• Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
Running Business Engineer & Technical Problem Solver
Pro-active team player for challenging role with strong technical and communicative focus
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.