For our end customer we are looking for an experienced OPS Chapter Lead with technical & people skills. You are technically passionate, have an Agile mindset and have a background as an OPS engineer within a Regulatory Reporting or Data Reporting environment. You are a team player working with end-to-end responsibility. You become part of a department that consists of 20 passionate professionals. There are two teams: Dev and Ops. As Chapter Lead you will be responsible for the Ops team (10fte), one part of your team is based in the Netherlands (senior level) and the other part in India (medior level). Together you are responsible for the trade and transaction reporting to ensure that the reporting is complete, accurate and timely. It is a dynamic, multi-faceted environment that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver regulatory transaction reporting capabilities while providing risk management and control to ensure that our customer complies with the relevant regulations such as MFID and EMIR.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries they are praised for how they implemented the Agile Way of working. They hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Their biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, they back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Your key responsibilities as Chapter Lead
- Leading by example
- Ensure the Chapter members have appropriate competencies and skills by continuous improvement of their skills
- Making sure Chapter members wake up with a big smile and feel part of the team (company)
- Plan / coach / assess and professionalize your Chapter members
- Responsible for the yearly appraisals of the internal Chapter members
- Perform HR-related activities of the Chapter members
- Perform an example role as OPS engineer and be able to explore the OPS engineer craftmanship
- You are a regular squad member for 60% of your time and apply your specific OPS engineer expertise to your squad’s backlog
Your education and background
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years OPS engineer experience including infrastructure and automation
- Strong analytical skills, proactivity and ability to work in cross-border international teams
- Willing to be on stand-by / work outside office hours.
- Preferred experience in a Financial Market regulatory reporting environment (MFID and EMIR); otherwise at least have experience in a data reporting environment to be able to understand the specific challenges such an environment poses with data delivery, data quality and to understand data flows
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL, Oracle Dataguard, APEX, Tibco Administrator, Tibco EMS (bonus Kafka)
- Knowledge of RHEL Linux Servers, Windows and scripting (Bash)
- Functional knowledge about Financial Market Products
- Experience with Incident, Problem ,Change, Resource, Performance and People management processes
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Grafana
- Experience with XFB nodes, XML
- Experience in working on CI/CD tools like AzureDevOps
- IT Risk management,
- Consultancy experience is a big plus
- Working experience in multi-cultural teams
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Knock out: Based in the Netherland or EU
Competencies - Behaviors - Knock out
- The mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working and technologies
- End-to-end ownership mindset
- Active team player who takes responsibility (ask questions)
- Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
- The mentality of continuous improvement of the service and way of working
- Reflects upon behaviors and performance to proactively identify improvement areas
- Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
- Coaches others to help their individual development
- Willing to collaborate with SME's (no egomaniac) to deliver the best service
- Up to speed in a new ecosystem
- Always asking the question why, how , what!
- A job offer that fits in with the times of today. A hybrid work environment (50% onsite – 50% at home)
- A job from 36 to 40 hours that fits your schedule to balance work and private life
- A salary based on qualities and experience ( €4800 - €6000,-, gross)
- 24 vacation days with 36-hour work week. (or 27 days with 40)
- Pension scheme (very good)
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues. Apply today!
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries they are praised how they implemented the Agile Way of working. They hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Their biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, they back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.