As a lead data engineer you will be leading the data engineering efforts in a product team. You will work together with product/solution architecture to provide technical necessities to design and develop end-to-end data ingestion pipelines and well tested and monitored data services. You will assess the technical dependency between different functional components and define a resolution. You will also provide technical guide and coach to the junior/medior data engineers in the team, set technical standards and best practices.
- You will be designing, developing, testing, documenting the data collection framework. The data collection consists of (complex) data pipelines from (IoT) sensors and low/high level control components to our Data Science platform.
- You will build monitoring solution of data pipeline which enables data quality improvement.
- You will develop scalable data pipelines to transform and aggregate data for business use, following software engineering best practices. For these data pipelines you will make use of the best frameworks available for data processing like Spark and Splunk.
- You develop our data services for customer sites towards a product, using (test & deployment) automation, componentization, templates and standardization in order to reduce delivery time of our projects for customers. The product provides insights in the performance of our material handling systems at customers all around the globe.
- You design and build a CI/CD pipeline, including (integration) test automation for data pipelines. In this process you strive for an ever-increasing degree of automation.
- You will work with infrastructure engineer to extend storage capabilities and types of data collection (e.g. streaming)
- You have experience in developing APIs.
- You will coach and train the junior data engineer with the state of art big data technologies.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent with at least 7 years relevant work experience
· Programming in Python/Scala/Java
· CI/CD, Data/Code testing (e.g., Bamboo, Artifactory, Git)
· Data Schema’s (e.g. JSON/XML/Avro)
· Storage formats (e.g. Azure Blob, SQL, noSQL)
· Scalable data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark)
· Event processing tools like Splunk or the ELK stack
· Deploying services as containers (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes)
· Streaming and/or batch storage (e.g. Kafka, Oracle)
· Working with cloud services (preferably with Azure
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
LET OP: VI wil ongevraagd geen CV's ontvangen!!!!!!! (CL: 21 september 2018)
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling (AIRPORTS) systems, and (WAREHOUSING) warehouse automation solutions.
Vanderlande Industries ( VI afgekort ) is recent overgstapt op twee nieuwe namen voor entiteiten:
Deze twee onderdelen moeten samenwerking intensiveren.
De inhoudelijke werkzaamheden, systemen, besturing, processen en SC / productie zijn nagenoeg gelijk, dus samenwerking, risicosprijding, schaalvoordelen, snelheid en customer satisfaction moeten conform nieuwe beleid eenduidig beantwoord en gemaakt worden.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.2 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 8.8 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 17 of the world’s top 25. More than 20 million parcels (300 packages per second) are sorted by its systems every day. These have been installed for a variety of customers including the four largest parcel and postal companies in the world. In addition, 12 of Europe’s top 20 e-commerce companies and many distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 4,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of more than one billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
Global Commercial Baggage Handling System market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; the top players including
G&S Airport Conveyor
Pteris Global Limited
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.