For The Vegetables Producers Group Primavega in Poland, we have the privilege to search and select an Open field and/or Greenhouse and/or Bio, experienced agricultural talent to become the Head of the Agronomical Department. The Group is the biggest iceberg lettuce, chicory radicchio, endive and romaine lettuce grower in Poland. Due to the further dynamic development of the Primavega Group we are currently looking for a Head of Agronomical Department, a key position with responsibilities in setting up the strategy for the coming years and finding innovative solutions to improve the vegetable production efficiency throughout the Group.
- Overall responsibility for the cultivation of iceberg lettuce, Endive, Radicchio and other vegetables (leek, celery, broccoli, spinach) within the Group in accordance with the highest quality standards (total cultivation area approx. 1.000 ha.);
- Supporting local growers/suppliers in different geographical with agro-advisory, and problem solving;
- Plan and coördinate all agronomical and agri-technical activities during and outside of the season (harrowing, fertilizing, irrigation and supervision of irrigation systems, planting and sowing, preparing the fields for winter period);
- Be responsible for the selection of machines (tractors and cultivating machines). Collect offers and propose new investments regarding the machinery park to the Management Board;
- Supervise the GPS computer monitoring system: control soil sampling, soil quality and efficiency of irrigation systems (T-TAPE and conventional sprinklers);
- Development of new crops, agriculture and fertilization/watering strategy;
- Solving problems and guide new trends in farming and soil cultivation and horticulture, and greenhouses;
- As the Head of Agronomical Department you closely cooperate with and report directly to the Managing Director.
You have the ability and willingness to move in the near future to Poland and settle there as a perm colleague of the Primavega company.
Primavega is a part of Green Holding. Green Holding consists of 3 main entities being Primavega, Green Factory and Green Factory Logistics.
The Group rapid growing and consolidating of the Central Eastern European market they are in need of a Head of the Agronomist department with:
- At least 10 years of experience in the agricultural production environment;
- International experience is very welcome;
- A Bachelor of master in Agriculture, Horticulture or related;
- Practical and in-depth agronomical knowledge in the cultivation of iceberg lettuce and/or other vegetables (leek, celery, broccoli, spinach, arugula);
- Knowledge and interest in modern and innovative growing methods;
- Fluent in English, Polish on the long term would be an advantage.
- Natural leadership potential and highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and assertive;
- Positive and proactive approach, dynamic and full of energy;
- Entrepreneurship, pioneering skills;
- Focused on achieving goals, driven by business development;
- Experience in assessing/determining KPI’s;
- Stress-resistance, flexible and open to innovation.
Terms & working conditions:
- A competitive salary (between €6.000-€7.000);
- Housing will be provided in the first period;
- Learning development package;
- Holiday allowance;
- Lease car or travel expenses.
The Primavega Vegetable Grower Group was established in 2012 as a result of merging of several significant vegetable producers from central Poland. The Group includes, among others, the pioneers as well as the largest Polish producers of iceberg lettuce, radicchio chicory, endive and Romain lettuce. They have a long lasting agrotechnical experience, and through cooperation with research centers we are constantly broadening our knowledge. Primavega is expert in the field of cultivation, storage and packaging of leafy vegetables and broccoli. Employment of the best specialists has made the consolidation of the Group’s market position possible, as well as the execution of bold investment plans. They can achieve this due to many years of agrotechnical experience and the knowledge and commitment of their employees.
Primavega sp. adapts production to market needs, especially in terms of quality and quantity of goods. They try to use environmentally- friendly cultivation methods, production technologies and waste management methods.
Their intention is to protect the quality of water resources, soil and landscape and to stimulate biodiversity.
If you have any questions before applying you can reach me at +31622261809.
I look forward to tell you more about this exclusive opportunity.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.