For the Procurement department of our client's in the neighborhood of Leiden, we are looking for an experienced Buyer. The procurement department covers the entire supply chain and is responsible for all subcontracting of fabrication, procurement and expediting of materials and equipment and all logistics operations for projects worldwide.
As Equipment Buyer you are responsible for the purchasing of equipment like safety valves, control valves, attemperators, burner systems, flow devices, expansion joints, shutoff valves, piping materials, etc.
This involves, among others, following tasks:
- Sending out our requests for quotations;
- Evaluation of offers, negotiations and closing of contracts within the set targets, and processing these purchase orders in our ERP system(s);
- Presenting your purchasing strategy in a sourcing board;
- Organising eAuctions and Supplier negotiation days;
- Purchasing under Frame Agreements;
- Monitor and guide processes both internally and externally;
- Supplier management, maintaining an actual overview of documentation;
- Information, fabrication capabilities and workload of suppliers,
- Monitoring of supplier performance and initiating improvement actions, in close
- Alignment with the project supply manager and the equipment coordinator;
- Processing and checking of invoices in our SAP system,
- Handling of warranty issues,
- Initiating and coordination of the supplier qualification process in case of new supplier;
You are a professional partner for the project execution team. You work pro-actively together with other disciplines like engineering, strategic procurement, quality control and sales, to align the need and developments in the equipment assigned to you.
Please note: to be able to apply you actually have to live in the Netherlands.
- We are looking for an experienced buyer with higher professional education, preferably with a technical background and NEVI 1;
- You have minimum 5 years relevant experience in international technical markets and project organizations;
- You have a good commercial sense and a clear affinity with and knowledge of legal and financial aspects of purchasing;
- You are able to communicate and cooperate with different cultures and have a good working knowledge of English and Dutch, both written as well as verbal.
- Your communication skills are excellent and you are able to work independently;
- As at our client's they work in a project organization, it is essential that your work is transparent for your colleagues and that you carefully align your work with the project execution team;
- As our client's there are multiple projects running in parallel, you should be able to handle time pressure, act quickly, maintain the overview and structure, and set correct priorities.
You will be seconded through Yacht on a contingency basis for a period of 1 year. Salary depends on work experience and is maximum € 4.800,- gross per month.
Our client provides the boilers behind many gas turbines, varying in size from 10 MW up to the largest machines, and for all kinds of fuels and applications. They offer a wide variety of boiler designs in order to be able to meet Customer requirements, focusing on the lowest total installed and/or operational costs.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.