The role of Instrumentation and Control Systems Lead Engineer is a key Leadership role, being responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of ICS Engineering and Design team assigned to a project. Part of this role would be global integrated delivery coordination which is mostly executed with the Worley offices in Mumbai, India.
The Lead ICS Engineer reports functionally to the Department Manager and operationally to one or more Project Managers. Input and leadership will be delivered in the conceptual design, project specifications, FEED, basic engineering, extended basic and detailed design phases.
We are seeking talented Lead Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineers with experience in leading small, middle and large scale projects (TIC of EUR to 100m) in the downstream refinery and chemical/petrochemical markets. Candidates who show superior leadership skills in a complex multi-office environment with an ability to provide innovative solutions to clients is our objective. Conceptual, FEED and EPC & EPCm experience are all desirable.
Key requirements for a Lead Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineer
• Leadership skills in Engineering with ability to handle complex projects
• Carrying the responsibility for the project success and providing strong direction for the team
• Plans and manages the work, managing the financial aspects of the discipline, including the man-hour estimates and margin goals
• Excellent communication and co-ordination skills (both verbal and written).
• Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
• Ability to handle teams of 5+ engineers structured and spread across 2 or 3 offices
• Understanding of Project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, workhour control, innovation etc.
• Should have been involved in development and implementation of activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
• Can work as an efficient team with project management and other disciplines, both within our company and that of the client
• He/she is also responsible for ensuring that the Disciplines quality management system is followed taking into account any special contractual requirements.
Following are the key responsibilities:
• Manage projects as Lead Engineer and be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects, ensuring the Department quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met.
• Provide leadership in ICS Engineering with ability to handle large teams in a multi-office environment.
• Ensure effective communications with other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
• Participate in daily scrum meetings, project status meetings and be responsible for correct reporting of amongst other project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned and close-out.
• Assume responsibility for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control.
• Ensure effective management of change.
• Define the discipline scope of work and the required resources, and develop input for the ICS Execution Plan.
• Promote the understanding and application of risk management techniques within the discipline, e.g. IEC61508/11.
• Provide support in the Instrumentation area for procurement activities.
• Responsible for issuing all ICS deliverable documents.
• Familiarizing with Worley proprietary software tools; Engineering Database (EDB) and Project Information tool (JPI) will be required.
• Contribute in development and growth of people (e.g. coach junior engineers).
• Produce proposals for projects which involve man hour- and schedule estimates related to the ICS scope of work.
• Add value plus/optimization ideas.
• Undertake developmental activities like preparation of work instructions / procedures / guidelines.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering with proven leadership experience in Refinery / Petrochemical markets. Experience in Upstream Oil and Gas, Fertilizers / Mining will also be considered if the leadership experience is well demonstrated.
• A recognized Instrumentation and/or Automation and Control higher qualification.
• The successful candidate must be a driven professional with strong commercial & business acumen, solid understanding of Project Controls (planning, scheduling, man-hour estimates and measuring physical progress) and has the potential to lead & inspire teams.
• Has solid ICS engineering and design experience in the Oil & Gas industry (8+ years).
• Has already been responsible for leading I&C teams.
• Multi-office project execution experience.
• Good knowledge of relevant IT systems (knowledge of Smartplant Instrumentation).
• Should have experience in a lead role for Conceptual, FEED and Detail Engineering projects with exposure to field engineering activities.
• Ability to organize and set priorities.
• Ability to communicate and present effectively.
• Ability to report in Dutch and English, both verbal & in writing.
• Proactive attitude.
• Flexible for business travelling.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.