In this role you have the opportunity to ensure quality and reliability of our future Coffee products. As member of the project team you will continuously review the project quality status and guide the team on quality aspects towards a successful launch. This means challenging and influencing project members on decisions that affect quality, of course in balance with costs and time.
You are responsible for:
- Provide leadership and steer all product quality related activities ensuring that new product designs meet quality requirements and compliance standards for each milestone of the project;
- Lead and coach project teams on the Project Quality plan and quality tools Communicate regularly on the quality status, monitor predicted Field Return Rate throughout the project execution, Capture learnings from earlier projects (both on the development process and on technical issues, FCR, PFQ improvements) and initiate improvements in the new / current project. Developing and executing the design release verification and validation plan;
- Responsible for product safety, compliance, regulatory, sustainability and approbation related activities. Predicting and monitoring product quality after launch with post-market analytics and statistics on product quality performance in the field;
- Performing independent technical assessment on product quality; Leading and driving cross function and supplier for quality continuous improvement, form the workshop by end to end way. (collect filed defects, analysis, identify improvement actions)Supporting your team in use of Q-tools such as: Safety risk assessments, Failure mode and effect analyses, etc.
You are part of: Coffee, part of Domestic Appliances, creates innovative and superior coffee machines that are designed to bring a great coffee experience at home and enable delicious coffee to be easily made. Philips Coffee strives to enable a great coffee experience every day for more than 250 million people, thanks to its appliances, endorsing alliances and consumer centric innovative leadership. To succeed in this role, you should have
To succeed in this role, you should have the following experience:
- At least a Bachelor degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics or Mechatronics and a few years of experience in similar roles within a complex environment;
- Experience in balancing risks and opportunities of innovative solutions and applying Design for Six SigmaConceptual, analytically strong, data driven, and hands-on;
- A quality mindset and experience with Q tools and improvement methods like SPC, FMEA, 5 WHY, 8D, Having a proactive and supportive attitude towards the product development team, being a role model for the Quality function in the project team.
As a quality project lead you have the following skills:
- Team player and an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes (Fluent in English)Courageous and able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve product quality and organizational effectiveness;
- Solid problem solver including sound technical understanding of products and quality related issues;
- Understanding of how product development projects are managed and how Quality plays a role in this;
- Understanding of manufacturing, logistics, service and life cycle management activities;
- Ability to manage diverse scope.
In return we offer you a chance to serve a bigger purpose: The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal life come together in meaningful ways.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.