As a Portfolio Scheduler a Portfolio of Engineering Projects will be brought to your attention. You will reside within SABIC E&PM, the shared services Project organization to support our Manufacturing and Operations organization. Together with the Project Portfolio Managers you work together as one team in E&PM Site Projects. You will put you leadership and management skills to bring Portfolio scheduling data in line with the requirements and project priorities.
The Portfolio Scheduler's role is to be overall responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and close-out of the projects that have been entrusted to you. By using your fine sense of importance a unique mix of technical, creative and interpersonal skills, you will guide your expert teams to identify issues and come up with practical solutions for changes to our facilities and assets. You participate, lead and motivate, the expectations are high and budgets are lean – this drives you to set your team’s challenges. Guiding the way and focus on the positive outcome of the project to ensure flawless start-up.
· Facilitate communication with the rest of the organization
· Applies knowledge to develop all levels of a project schedule, identify critical path activities and resource allocation. Familiar with SABIC Planning and Scheduling procedures and Project Execution Instructions to the contractors.
· Has knowledge to establish a progress measurement system (PMS) for different projects and contracts, able to review and correct PMS submitted by Contractors.
· Has ability to develop Manpower plan and projections for projects.
· Has ability to use tools for risk analysis to identify impact areas in terms of Time in the schedule.
· Has ability to review progress against baseline plan to identify low performing areas of the schedule, understands root causes and can provide mitigating action plans to reduce variances.
· Has ability to review change orders submitted by contractor with Schedule impact and advise project team of change order outcomes and any mitigation actions to be taken
· Participation in all Kick-Off Meetings (KOM) for all projects for both FEED and EPC phases.
· Reviews and comments on all projects S curves for: FEED (as required), overall EPC and individually (E, P, C phases of the project).
Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical background is preferred.
Fluent in DUTCH and ENGLISH
· Project knowledge
· Preferably certified under PMI – Project Scheduling
· Worked at least 7 years of industrial engineering experience in a highly demanding detail driven fast track environment
· In-depth knowledge of industrial installations as chemical plants, facilities and utility systems Experience with Primavera P6 , Risk Software and MS Office tools
· Competences: analytical, structured, accurate, communicative skills
· Good understanding of engineering drawings and know-how of effective requisitions
· The drive and enthusiasm to deliver repetitive successes
· Problem solving attitude, self-motivator
· Good planning, scheduling and project management skills
· Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills
· Able to work under pressure, tight schedules
· Support the alliances [WORLEY EPCm] in their services
· Monitors / Inputs all projects progress with field reviews as required to achieve targets of schedule, resources, productivity and progress
· Reviews and comments on all projects schedules from Contractors – Level 3 and/or 4
· Monitors / Inputs all progress: Planned, Actual and Forecast on a project predetermined basis (weekly/monthly) and reports concerns to project team with an analysis that provides recommendations for mitigation.
· Updates or Reports inputs for the Site KPI file monthly as determined by Site Senior Manager or Project Manager(s) for their respective projects.
· Define and setup P6 templates and EPS structure for the site
· Assist in meetings: Gate Reviews, Schedule PAC Validation, Shut-Down, and Project specific (Contractors, PMT, Affiliate )
· Monitors / Inputs for all E&PM projects that are executed during a Shutdown and coordinates with the affiliate the reporting and daily progress.
· Captures lessons learned from historical project schedules and translates into future schedules for continuous improvements.
Your drive is to deliver results through quality projects. You realize that not everything is automatically achieved, you are strong in effectively operating in a multi-disciplinary environment where it is the people that make the difference, thus delivering the success.
Please note that this is a highly demanding yet challenging position. If you meet the above requirements and consider yourself to have the right combination of influencing skills and in-depth knowledge, then apply.
Good market conform package.
Sharing our futures in leadership
SABIC is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend.
We are the largest and most reliably profitable public company in the Middle East. Our success is the result of our focus on three key areas: investment in local partnerships, outstanding research and technology programs, and an ambitious global growth strategy. And last, but certainly not least, because of our talented employees who have a passion to deliver.
In the European Region, SABIC employs over 6,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (The Netherlands), Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastic resins, films and sheets in Europe.
At SABIC we are pushing the limits further. We are ambitious and striving to become the preferred world leader in chemicals. To achieve this ambition, we strongly invest in our most important asset – our employees. We see it as our task to help you develop a career with us that challenges you in ways that really make you come alive. Make your career happen with SABIC.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.