Would you like to be directly involved in the fight against global disease and pandemics? Then keep reading!
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Assistant Scientist DSP - Drug Substance Operations (DSO) at our client Janssen Vaccines & Prevention in Leiden (the Netherlands).
Drug Substance Operations (DSO) has a GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience park in Leiden where we proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV and Ebola. This is the place where we first produced the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine material that was developed in-house by Janssen Vaccines and Prevention B.V. and used to combat the global pandemic.
DSO is the department where Clinical Trial Material (CTM) is produced for new cutting edge vaccines that are in clinical testing Phases 1 to 3. The DSO production process is at pilot scale (50L) and is executed by two main teams. Upstream processing is performed by the I-team and downstream processing by the D-team. Each team consists of about eleven persons led by a Supervisor.
In our department a position is available for an Assistant Scientist DSP operator that will be trained to perform the production of batches of CTM vaccines.
It is good to note that though the function title ("scientist") implicates this is a research position, the daily operations do not include R&D aspects. The assistant scientist is primarily responsible for the cGMP production of CTM material, as requested by the organisation. Apart from production operations you will be updating documentation, be responsible for predefined process steps, and the state of related equipment.
Next to these core tasks small improvements and innovative projects will be a stable part of your daily work package. We constantly strive for improvement using Process Excellence tools such as "Lean Manufacturing". You will also be tasked to do data management, acute problem solving, and many other small and diverse tasks. As the job entails team work within a diverse and global organisation, we require good communications skills in English.
- Minimum completed MBO (level 4) or (maximum) HBO degree, preferably in Microbiology/Life Sciences or equivalent.
- >2 years (or more) experience with cGMP manufacturing is a requirement.
- Able to converse and write effectively in technical English.
- Experience as (process) technician or equivalent in life science or pilot plant operations in a cGMP environment is preferred.
- Quality is always the main goal for you, and
- Efficiency a close second.
- Initiative, you seek out potential solutions yourself.
- You aim for full customer satisfaction. What is asked you deliver with the required quality within the agreed timeframe.
- Operational troubleshooting capabilities
- Persevering, you see projects to their end and can find your own way around obstacles.
- Innovative thinker, able to think up new ideas for old problems.
- Interpersonal skills, able to provide and receive feedback in a constructive way. You make yourself part of discussions and help transform these into positive actions.
- Flexible, you are willing to adapt your planning to help tackle problems for the organisation.
Terms of employment:
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Start: as soon as possible. You will work normal office hours, though you will be asked to perform some (about 2-3 hours) monitoring work on 2 to 3 weekend days per quarter. These days are planned in advance.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2700 and 3700 euro gross per month).
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
About the company:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.