In this role as a product researcher, you are representing the consumer within the innovation process, ensuring the delivery on (consumer) promise of our Philips Value Propositions. Product Researchers are the voice of the consumer within the integral project teams. The ongoing challenge is to identify consumer needs, tension areas and to translate these into relevant user requirements throughout the innovation process, working towards successful launches and consumer satisfaction and engagement. In this, being consumer centric is key. Linking in with the situation, habits and needs of consumers all around the world helps us in developing products that fulfill the Philips Brand promise.
With this position we are looking for an experienced and skilled User Experience Researcher, to support us in 2021 with User Research in projects related to our OneBlade product category.
Product Research Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintaining the overview of project requirements from a consumer point of view, e.g. milestones, deliverables, input for project decisions;
- Support decision making in projects by applying clear and agreed targets plus actions standards;
- Creating a logical approach for all user research challenges, to allow for the verification and validation on the relevant consumer insights;
- Monitor the execution of the plan (in sprints and/or lean plans) & report into your stakeholders within the category;
- Identify current and future resource and competence requirements for projects;
- Safeguarding translation of high-level value propositions towards tangible requirements;
- Support extraction of consumer insights/knowledge;
- Support claim definition and prepare substantiation;
- Monitor and assess (market) changes on consumer impact for all the propositions;
- Preparing and deploying user research, while prioritizing studies where applicable, balancing the benefits of conducting studies for the projects vs the investments needed;
- Analyzing, interpreting, reporting and deploying study results, including a clear recommendation and consumer experience impact assessment;
- Ensure a correct flow-down from User Needs to User Requirements to Product Requirements;
- Enable strong underpinning (with data) on requirements, targets, use cases and risks by means of data analysis/synthesis on user studies performed earlier and/or market usage data;
- Perform structured risk analysis to get full clarity on potential user risks
- Support your colleagues in their day-to-day operations;
- Proactively contribute to the (PRC) strategy;
- Stay up-to-date with all User/UX Research, consumer-related trends and developments impacting your category;
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement.
You Will be part of:
The Product Research Center Grooming & Beauty is responsible to represent the consumer within the Research and Development organization for the Grooming & Beauty categories. Our team is structured in squads, comprised of: 1) Project interface, 2) User Research & Data Insights, 3) User Insights & Claims, 4) User Requirements and Knowledge, 5) User Research Facilitation and 6) Consumer Care. Each squad has end-to-end product research responsibility for their product category. The team members are all reporting into one of the PRC Group Leaders. We are a group of skilled experts who like to sharpen each other's minds & share both knowledge and fun.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following experience:
- A Master degree in consumer oriented education, like User-System interaction, Design for Interaction, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Industrial Design, or (social) psychology.
- Minimum of 5 years' working experience in user research (preferably consumer products) consumer science, industrial design, psychology in the domain of product or service development.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design and UX qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies
- Speak and write fluent English.
As a product Researcher you have the following Skills:
- Preferably, experienced with (scaled) agile ways of working.
- A growth mindset & entrepreneurial skills (you know how to structure your projects and collaboratively with your team come to solutions);
- Creative & problem solving skills that enables you to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
In return we offer you a chance to serve a bigger purpose: The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal life come together in meaningful ways.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.