Start: 2 August 2021
End: 31 December 2021
Location: HTC Eindhoven
Contract type: Permanent (at YACHT), Secondment work, Freelance, Sub Contracting
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead and coach a development team dedicated to continuously enhancing our Clinical Data Repository (CDR) service, a foundational component of the Philips HealthSuite Platform, supporting a fast-growing base of internal and external customers in building new cloud-based healthcare solutions. You are a proven, hands-on expert in developing cloud-native micro-services using Java and Spring Boot framework, designing & implementing scalable services using the PostgreSQL technology stack, who is also in frequent interaction with developer communities.
Due to the foundational nature of the Clinical Data Repository(CDR) service, you will contribute to future healthcare cloud solutions built on the Philips HealthSuite platform (PaaS).
You are responsible for
• Define architecture strategy for the CDR service, balancing long- and short-term views
• Analyze feature requests, create designs, co-implement and tests these with the development team
• Define the database design for optimal performance, scalability and reliability
• Define the test automation strategy and continually enhance the test suites
• Define and lead the implementation of the deployment and monitoring strategies (DevOps)
• Participate in all agile software development ceremonies, aiming for frequent, secure, high-quality new deliveries, released according our QMS and regulatory standards
• Provide consulting and support for customer propositions & solutions
• Particpate and promote the service in internal & external FHIR communities
You are a part of
The Philips HealthSuite R&D organization, part of Innovation & Strategy, which delivers an open, cloud-based healthcare platform fostering an open and collaborative innovation focused on developing breakthrough health, wellness and life science solutions that will transform the way care is delivered. By connecting devices, unlocking data and fostering collaboration we will empower new forms of engagement, actionable insights and better health outcomes. The R&D team in the Netherlands consists is approximately 70 employees and works according state-of-the-art DevOps practices.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent
• Between 10-15 years of experience with commercial software development
• You are a proven expert in designing and implementing scalable cloud-native micro-services preferably using Java and Spring framework.
• You have deep know-how and hands-on experience of logical & physical database design, querying using SQL, query optimization, database tuning using indexing, partitioning, etc.
• You are strong in designing RESTful API incorporating non-functional requirements like security, scalability, reliability, etc.
• Ample experience with cloud technologies, such as CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
• Have proven experience in technical and motivational leadership of development teams
• Relevant hands-on experience with DevOps, deployment models, Infrastructure as Code;
• Working experience in an Agile software development environment
• Good understanding of healthcare standards like HL7v2, IHE, FHIR is preferred.
• Experience with Python, Nodejs for deployment, test automation, deployment orchestration etc. is an additional advantage
If you want to apply, please share the following information:
• CV in English
• Motivation in English
• Holiday planning
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.