Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Assistant Scientist Analytical Assays at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention in Leiden.
The Analytical Assay (AA) team is a young and dynamic group (20 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for product analysis and developing methods to characterize vaccines. Together, they use biophysical and analytical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. They have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
We are looking for a motivated Assistant Scientist who enjoys working in this multidisciplinary team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Sample analysis with a diverse set of techniques (liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, FFF-MALS, dynamic light scattering, analytical ultracentrifugation) to support Product Characterization, Formulation Development and Process Development
- Data processing, reporting and statistical analysis
- Communication with requesters from different groups
- Troubleshooting and flagging odd data
- Discussion of findings in the scientific team meetings
- Method maintenance including trending of critical method parameters and ownership of test procedures
- Method responsibility and training
- Supporting the continuous improvement of an efficient lab organization
- Possible side tasks, such as lab head deputy support
- MLO or HLO/ Bachelors degree in Analytical Chemistry or a related field
- >1 year work experience (after graduation) with techniques like LC, CE, FFF-MALS, DLS, and AUC
- Practical skills and knowledge of analytical techniques for biomolecule analysis are required
- Experience in working in industry, GMP or at a ML-2+ laboratory or higher are considered advantageous
- You enjoy working in a team, and you take responsibility for own work and planning
- You have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others.
- You can find the balance between the main job and smaller side tasks
- You communicate clearly and timely with your manager and immediate peers
- You are fluent in English
Terms of employment:
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is possible).
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2700 and 3200 euro gross per 4 week period).
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
About the company:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.