As Software Project Leader (PTC Windchill RV&S) you are responsible to lead a team of software and process experts to develop and release features for R&D departments throughout Philips businesses globally. The tool covers requirements-, risk- and test management and traceability, as defined in the company wide process framework. PTC Windchill RV&S has to support regulatory evidence creation.
Your software team consists of approximately 10 engineers in Eindhoven and Pune India and has interfaces to the served businesses, process experts, a validation team, Philips IT teams and the supplier PTC. The team exists since mid 2020 and is growing to satisfy the increasing needs of businesses for features, interfaces, and required support. You will be mainly involved in creating predictable delivery and support and continuous improvement in an agile way of working. You will work closely with the Program Manager and Product Owner.
You are responsible for
- Manage implementation of the feature backlog by creating user stories in the team as well as creating sprint and program increment plans with a high level of predictability
- Manage support requests from the businesses
- Manage dependencies to other teams such as the validation team to perform regulatory required tool validation, the process experts who assist in detailed definition of process automation, the IT teams and the supplier.
- Implement continuous improvement to achieve an optimal DevOps setup enabling continuous integration and built-in quality. You will improve both ways of working as well as well as structures in development tooling, configuration management, defect management, and automated test framework.
- People management of your team, together with the PES group manager in order to achieve collaborative and effective teamwork and development and knowledge buildup of individual team members
- Transparency in planning and progress according SAFe/agile principles.
You are a part of
The Test and Verification Engineering team is part of the Reliability Solutions department of Philips Engineering Solutions and is a diverse group of more than 40 technical experts. All have extensive experience in the field of requirements engineering, model based system engineering, FMEAs, safety risk management, and test and verification. Members of this team are actively supporting complex, innovative projects for our customers from both internal Philips businesses, as well as, external companies, located all over the world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Informatics or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a software R&D environment, preferably in a SAFe/agile environment
- Proven track record as software project leader or scrum master.
- A proven track record in the application of requirements management, test and verification best practices;
- Experience of working in a regulated environment or a medical device company has a strong preference;
- Analytical and architectural thinking, system view
- Flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions;
- Excellent reporting, communication and documentation skills;
- Experience with working with requirements or test management tools, e.g. DOORS, ALM, PTC RV&S, Polarion, etc.;
- Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with project and business stakeholders;
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are:
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to adapt to change;
- Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies;
- A critical but constructive contributor
- Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player;
- Fluent in English.
If you want to apply to this role, please share:
- CV in English
- Motivation in English
- Holiday planning
Employees will be contracted by Yacht (permanent or temporary). Freelancers are also welcome!
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.