Within Philips Healthcare the Business Unit Image Guided Therapy Systems (IGT-S) R&D department in Best is urgently looking for an Electrical Designer preferably with experience in the medical domain. As IGT-S, we are the leading innovator in image-guided interventional solutions. With our partners, we improve the health of patients and save lives, every day, everywhere! Within the R&D department of IGT Best, the Image Chain Cluster has a simple and ambitious goal to make the best Image Chain in the world which includes X-Ray, imaging data processing, data & video networking and display functionality. This role will specially focus on PC's, video/Data networking and display functionality.
The design of this Image Chain is decomposed in a large number of high quality parts for the computing, networking, video distribution and display function. For performance and safety reasons the Image Chain with all integrated components needs to meet high requirements and standards for latency, quality, reliability, electrical safety, EMC,
For realizing the design of the Image Chain parts, we work with design partners and suppliers all over the world. You are responsible for defining the requirements and design constraints for the Image Chain parts in accordance with the system requirements, design specifications and architecture. These requirements and design constraints are the input for our design partners for their design and implementation. During this phase you will work closely with these partners and actively participate in design reviews. You monitor the (technical) progress at the supplier and participate in technical risk assessments including the follow-up of mitigation measures.
Summarized, the Key Areas of Responsibility for the electrical designer are:
- Responsible for translating system requirements, design and architecture into requirements and design constraints for the Image Chain parts allocated to you. This also includes requirements for the non R&D functions such as manufacturing, service, procurement regulatory, Alignment with all relevant internal and external stakeholders is part of this role.
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification.Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture.
- Determines the Unit interfaces (HW/SW), in close consultation with relevant disciplines.
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design.
- Supervising design activities at the design partner. Participate in design reviews and risk assessments (e.g. FMEA). Monitor (technical) progress and technical risk mitigations.
- Execute early integration and integration tests on predefined prototypes. Address issues to the supplier and follow up actions.
- Formal verification of parts allocated to you. This includes EMC and basic safety tests to comply with IEC60601.Defines, executes and takes the lead in concept and feasibility studies with a limited scope to investigate the usability of new technologies.
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities. These technology roadmaps describe the technology strategy for the Image Chain parts with respect to new technologies and obsolescence's, user needs and business needs (cost price development, quality, supplier availability, â).Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure, the planning process of his, her area. Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress. Inspired to get the job done.
- Performs work in line with the processes that have been agreed in the department.
In addition to specific electrical job knowledge, required skills and experience are:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
- Good command of English (both written and verbal).Experience and knowledge of system development, knowledge of HW/SW interfaces.
- Experience and knowledge of computer architecture and the required computer performance for our different software solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of IT equipment, such as computers, networking and displays, and their integration.
- Experience and knowledge with EMC, both in design and testing.
- Experience and knowledge of medical device standards (IEC60601) or equivalent standards in a regulated industry (automotive, military)
- Experience with development in volume production and maintenance of released products
- Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines (manufacturing, Service, procurement, regulatory) with which co-operation takes place.
- Ability to communicate on different levels and aware of the means and the effect of communication.
- Since our strategy is to outsource the (detailed) design and engineering activities to our suppliers, we require excellent communication
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €5.200 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Next to that, there is a possibility to get a company car with fuel card. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours and possibility to work from home. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.