As a Development Engineer you will develop expertise and be at the forefront of installing new capabilities to extend and develop existing and new functions providing competitive advantage to our Homecare product propositions. You will be able to deliver meaningful innovations to satisfy consumer as well as business needs. Your challenge will be to bridge existing and new technology opportunities with commercial viability and time to market. In this role you will work in the Air team, in line with R&D Air program needs.
You are responsible for:
- Concept and function development within multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Developing new and optimizing existing product concepts based on consumer needs;
- Expertise in the specific application area relevant to your project and communication thereof;
- Together with your project lead or senior developer translating consumer and business needs into product propositions given your technical input as well as in conjunction with marketing, consumer research and procurement organization;
- Setting up test plans and test protocols; developing test setups when needed;
- Delivering burden of proof for work packages in projects according to agreed time, quality and cost;
- Managing your own task planning and interfaces to other functions;
- Scouting technologies and relevant professional (academic) networks; assessing feasibility of applications and potential opportunities;
You are a part of:
One of Philips’ most successful teams, with a growth that manages to over-deliver time after time. Our dynamic team consist of over 60 engineers and is responsible for complete cycle of product development such as product and consumer research, pre-development, mechanical and electrical engineering, project management and realization. Our pre-development team is at the frontline of innovations in Floor care, together with 15 Function Development Engineers you will be working mainly in Advanced Development projects and report to the pre-development Group Leader.
- Engineering background: Bachelor / Master degree in technical domain study, for example Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Industrial Design or similar major;
- Proven track record in consumer product development for at least 3 years or one complete product development cycle;
- Design for Experiments;
- Drive for quality yet with pragmatic and ‘can do’ positive approach to a dynamic environment;
- Ability to sketch designs and translate it into technical descriptions as well as ability to prototype own designs in the workshop;
- Good communication skills in English both verbally and written;
- Influencing skills;
- A great deal of self-discipline and perseverance to deliver (despite of challenging and often contradictive KPI’s) either solo or in teams.
In return we offer you a chance to serve a bigger purpose: The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal life come together in meaningful ways.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.