Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Assistant Scientist Molecular & Bioassay development at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention
The Molecular and Bioassay (MBA) team is a young and dynamic group (45 team members), which is part of Analytical Development (AD), responsible for developing methods to characterize our vaccines. Together, they use biological- and chemical technologies to assess quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. They have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality unit and process development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
We are looking for an Assistant Scientist who:
- Enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team and supporting method development activities of the team as a whole
- Accurately and precisely performs experiments to develop and optimize our methods or to analyze samples for process support and product characterization
- Has a critical attitude towards handling of biologically active substances
- Supports the continues improvement of an efficient lab organization
- Takes ownership as author of standard operating procedures and oral presentations
- BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of cell-based or molecular assays, life sciences and/ or virology.
Candidates with a Master degree will not be considered for this position
- Must have >1 year hands-on experience with at least one of the following: Elisa; PCR methods; Western Blot; TCID50
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or method development
- GMP or ML2 laboratory experience is highly preferable
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others
Terms of employment:
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable. Working from home max 1 day a week discussable.
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2600 and 3500 euro gross per month).
ou will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
About the company:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.