As the Mechanical Engineer, you are responsible for designing and developing MR products for hospital and outpatient radiology facilities. You will work with a team of electrical/RF engineers, systems engineering, manufacturing and service engineers to take products from concept through design into production using sound design methods to meet the needs of our customers and their demanding environment.
You will work in a team with electrical (RF) engineers. Have interactions with suppliers on product design and produce-ability, product quality and cost. Have interactions with Operations on production processes and tools, product quality and yield. You will be working on key components in the MR Scanner
In this role as Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for the design, realization (schematics, drawings), integration and test of mechanical sub-systems, components or modules on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications. Your responsibilities, among others, are:
- Document mechanical development efforts for the mechanical subsystem, component or module, including requirements, specifications, plans, reviews, test procedures, and test reports as input in the planning process of the project.
- Substantial share in drawing up the functional specifications of the subsystems and included components. Provide detailed designs and associated 2D and 3D documentation using CREO and Windchill.
- Defines mechanical engineering work packages enabling subcontracting to (3rd party) mechanical engineering services. Coordinate and support mechanical product tests to provide a traceable verification of the product.
On the basis of his/her professional specialization, the ideal mechanical engineer makes a substantial contribution to the innovation of product and process. Develops new products, using the latest technologies and resources, often realizing systems based on unverified specifications.
- Someone with a HBO Degree in mechanical engineering with broad mechanical engineering design and analysis skills
- Who has deep knowledge of materials and is proficient using CREO and WindChill
- Who has experience in working with suppliers to realize parts and to resolve technical issues
- You have experience with document control systems (e.g. Agile, PTC Windchill), FDA and IEC Standards
- Previous experience in Healthcare is a pro, as well as a green belt education.
- Disciplined team worker.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Accurate and quality minded.
- Ability to work independently and to act pro-actively.
You will be part of the Business Unit Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) within Philips Healthcare. The Business Unit MRI is responsible for marketing, product development and lifecycle management of 3T and 1.5T High/Mid performance. In the MR Development group, you will be part of the Dynamic Field Subsystem group with focus on the front-end mechanics.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.