For the Engine Development department, we are looking for a technical teamplayer with strong communication skills, who is able to develop components for future engine and aftertreatment platforms
In your position as Hardware Mechanical Expert your responsibilities are;
• Coordinate development of new and/or improvement of existing designs in cooperation with internal stakeholders from different departments and external suppliers.
• Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams.
• Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in close cooperation with suppliers.
• Leading all required Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) deliverables within the project.
• Initiate and guide testing activities, review results and start-up follow-up activities if needed
• Problem resolution development according DMAIC principle.
• Pro-actively coordinate and monitor validation and releases in line with project milestones.
• Ensure the components meet their requirements with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability.
• Analyse results and make detailed technical proposals incl. presenting to management.
As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the responsible group.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
• Min 3 years of mechanical/hardware experience in a product development environment.
• A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
• You are able to handle multiple projects because of strong organization skills and a problem solving and result driven personality.
• Good English skills are mandatory combined with ambition to learn Dutch
• Automotive knowledge is a pre
- You can easily communicate at different organizational levels;
- To work on multiple projects at the same time, you are able to maintain an overview of the work schedule drawn up by you;
- You feel at home in a dynamic work environment and are driven to achieve results.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine & aftertreatment development is the center of competence for development. In our state-of-art testing center we develop engine and aftertreatment configurations for the future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Hardware & Design is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and aftertreatment systems and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection Equipment & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and aftertreatment.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.