Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Research Associate Screening & Assay Technologies (SAT), FACS Operator.
As Research Associate in the SAT team, you are co-responsible for keeping the Flow Cytometry Facility running. You will work together with another colleague in the facility, supporting activities across the whole organization. The facility is embedded in the SAT team. The SAT team is part of the Lead Discovery & Technology department, providing state-of-the-art antibody screening expertise to researchers in the organization.
- You will mainly perform maintenance and quality checks on flow cytometers (BD, Sony and iQUE equipment, 11 in total)
- You will be co-responsible for keeping the FACS facility organized
- You will help with troubleshooting the instruments in the facility
- You will set-up equipment for cell sorting and directly assist sorting in these experiments
- You will provide introductory training on tools and analysis software
- You will provide technical advice on experimental and panel design
- You like to work in a dynamic environment
- You have a MLO, Bachelor or Master degree in (bio)medical and laboratory science, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, or similar (candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this role)
- You have work experience in Flow Cytometry techniques, including cell sorting
- You have experience with troubleshooting instruments
- Experience with antibodies and affinity for lab automation is an advantage
- You can communicate fluent in English
- You are capable of managing time across multiple tasks and can work flexible
- You take pleasure in being part of a team
- You focus on achieving goals, take the initiative to keep key pieces of research equipment operationally functional for faultless service to our end-users
- You work accurately, both in the lab and when analyzing and reporting problems.
- You have a strong interest in new technologies.
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work at a rapid growing biotech company in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development.
This concerns a full-time (32 or 36h is discussable) secondment contract for 1 year, which can convert into a permanent position in 2022. We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2600 and 3600 euro gross per month). You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new antibodies which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.