At Athlon International they are looking for an Infrastructure AWS Solution Architect.
Team International Infrastructure
Within the Athlon IT organization, the team International Infrastructure focuses on delivering classical and cloud infrastructure services to the (internal) customer. The (internal) customer can be one of the Athlon IT application teams or the Athlon business. The services delivered consist of (amongst others):
- Workplace services
- IAAS services
- Collaboration services
- Middleware services like Databases, workload automation, file transfer
The team International Infrastructure delivers the larger part of the services via Daimler IT. In that case, the International Infrastructure team keeps governance over the delivered services, clarifies the Athlon specifics and has a helicopter view on the infrastructure landscape. Other services are delivered by the team International Infrastructure itself. This is the case when the service can or will not be delivered by Daimler IT or in cases where the infrastructure is delivered on a cloud platform.
The Athlon IT landscape is highly hybrid, with part of the applications running in a classical datacenter situation and part of the applications running on cloud platforms. The goal of Athlon IT is to move towards cloud infrastructure where this offers benefits to the organization. The operational model of the infrastructure team is “demand”, “deploy”, “operate”. The role of AWS Architect is an important role within the International Infrastructure team.
Role of Infrastructure AWS Solution Architect (medior/senior)
We are looking for someone with the skills and expertise to help develop advanced cloud-based solutions, but also to develop solutions to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. Be able to plan, design, and scale AWS cloud implementations using the best practices recommended by Amazon.
The emphasis of this role is on the development, helping Athlon to get to the next level of maturity in account structure and building a landing zone in which different application teams with different levels of maturity can land. It is preferred to have hands on experience as well. Being able and willing to code in Terraform.
The role includes being able to explain and give consultancy on the possibilities in AWS. Requested is a helicopter view on the landscape from an infrastructure perspective to be able to make the translation to a future state in AWS
We use the principles of Infrastructure as code, the Well Architected Framework, the Center of Internet Security and the Daimler policies. We are entering a new phase where we are able to host applications that have strong audit requirements. We try to improve continuously. You will work closely together with the Infrastructure Architect and the Cloud Product owner. The team further consists of an AWS engineer, database engineers and engineers working on the classical infrastructure. You will work with the Country delivery teams and the Daimler Hybrid Cloud team.
The challenge of this role is the diversity of tasks that comes with the different caps that you wear:
You are the infrastructure conscience of the Athlon Architecture board:
- In this role you make sure the solutions chosen adhere to the infrastructure principles that best fit the Athlon organization.
- You work on roadmaps, putting the right topics on the backlog of the infrastructure team or the Architecture board.
- You work together with Enterprise Application Architects and IT Security to find the best solutions within the given premises for the Athlon countries and the Athlon International organization.
- On some topics you work together with Daimler ITT Architects.
You have the helicopter view on the Athlon Infrastructure landscape:
- In this role you are able to give guidance and help troubleshooting in case of complicated technical issues.
- If necessary you support the international infrastructure technical experts or the country application teams in finding solutions for issues in the hybrid landscape.
- You are the responsible technical owner of the Athlon Infrastructure owned cloud subscriptions or account ID's.
In this role you work together with the International infrastructure team, the Athlon application team, the Daimler Hybrid Cloud product team and in some cases the cloud provider:
- You work together with the Service owner Cloud in designing and creating the architectural roadmap.
- You make sure to have sufficient technical backup in the international infrastructure team (guidance, coaching).
- Currently this role also involves building, deploying and maintaining cloud formation templates, this part of the work will decrease in the near future.
The Infrastructure Architect will report to the team lead of Datacenter Services.
Since the organization is in transformation, you will work with the (internal) customers in both classical and agile governance. This transformation offers chances to have influence on the way of working and the maturing of the infrastructure team.
• AWS Solution Architect
• AWS engineering skills on a medior or senior level
• Experience in cloud environments (AWS)
• Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform)
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Azure DevOps / Git)
• Knowledge of and focus on Security and Compliance
• Knowledge of the Well architected framework, in perspective to networking and security
• Knowledge of Service-oriented architecture, microservices, kubernetes and security
• Deep knowledge of cloud security (IAM, Security Hub, CIS benchmarks)
• Able to quickly master the Daimler and Athlon security and compliance frameworks and apply that knowledge to the Athlon AWS infrastructure
• Knowledge of (Windows) Active Directory services
• Knowledge of DevOps is a pre
• Fluent in English
• Basic fluency in German may come in handy
You will report to the team lead of International infrastructure datacenter services. Since the organization is in transformation, you will work with the (internal) customers in both classical and agile governance. This transformation offers chances to have influence on the way of working and the maturing of the infrastructure team.
- The assignment is until the end of the year and will be prolonged with periods of 3 months.
- 40 hours a week
- Due to corona, you will be working remote from home.
- Start date July 1st
Athlon is one of the leading providers of vehicle leasing and fleet management in Europe, managing more than 395,000 vehicles. Athlon has developed innovative, sustainable and cost-efficient business mobility solutions for more than 100 years. The company enables people to move hassle-free through integrated and sustainable fleet & mobility solutions. Athlon constantly pushes boundaries to clear the way for the customers to enjoy mobile life.
Headquartered in The Netherlands, the company is active in over 20 countries in Europe as well as North America, directly, or via partners. Athlon is part of Daimler AG and is operated by Daimler Financial Services.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.