Yacht Life Sciences has an opportunity for a (Senior) Assistant Scientist Immunology.
As a (Senior) Assistant Scientist Immunology you will play an important role in the execution of cell culture and immunological assays such as cell-based assays, ELISA/multiplex assays, flow cytometry/array scan.
As a (Senior) Assistant Scientist Immunology you should be very accurate and precise, have a good sense of quality and be able to independently design experiment set-up and execute a great amount of (clinical study) samples within set timelines, thereby showing excellent planning skills. Important is the accurate recording and analysis of the lab data in the electronic workbook.
As a (Senior) Assistant Scientist Immunology you will also play a role in maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of the equipment.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Life Sciences, Nutrition, Physiology, Biomedical Science or relevant discipline (candidates with a PhD will not be considered for this role)
- >1 years of relevant laboratory work experience
- Experience with peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) isolation is considered a pre
- You are aware of all the rules and regulations for working within a BSL2 lab
- You have good writing skills for writing standard operating procedures (SOP) and reports
- You are able to actively contributes to efficiency/efficacy within the specific area of expertise by selecting and developing new technology, methods and tools to improve the output which might include connecting to external experts
- You are fluent in English
- Good oral communication skills
- Hands-on attitude
This concerns a temporary secondment contract for 1 year via Yacht with a 9 month placement at our client (extension is possible), full-time is strongly preferred (32 or 36 hours per week can be discussed). We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position, with a full-time salary between 2600 and 3500 euro gross per 4 week period (excluding 8% holiday allowance).
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Our client has worldwide R&D facilities and established a new research & innovation center at the Utrecht Science Park. You will work in a life sciences innovation center for the development of new product concepts for Baby Nutrition and Medical Nutrition. They create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, elderly and patients. Capitalizing on their numerous international pre-clinical and clinical collaborations, they aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.