Senior Engineer specialized within the vehicle domain with strong analytical and interpersonal
skills wanted for DAF Trucks.
As Senior Engineer Vehicle you are responsible for a sub-domain in the vehicle domain within
the department Application Software, part of DAF Embedded Engineering.
The Vehicle Functions function area comprises functions which control driveline functionalities,
such as cruise control, speed limiters and downhill speed control. Non-driveline functionalities,
such as interior/exterior light functionality, battery energy management, HMI etc. are part of the
work package as well. Based on your experience you will be responsible for one of the sub-
You will be securing all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the functional domain
and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area. You will create architecture
within this functional area, in agreement with the software architect. You will support the system
owner application software in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software
implementation. You will discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author
of the software requirement documents. As an owner of the functional knowledge you will
support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation. As a
central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your
- Secure all the knowledge and having the technical lead within a functional sub-domain and
- maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area;
- Create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the function lead engineer. You
- will support the product owner in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software
- Discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the technical
- requirement documents;
- Support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation;
- As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in
- your domain, in agreement with the functional lead engineer.
- As Senior Engineer Vehicle you are part of an agile software development team, that will also
- develop application software functions according input requirements. In your role you’re
- responsible to add the functional knowledge to the team.
- In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group and functionally to
- the System Owner Application Software.
- Education on Master level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the vehicle functional domain (e.g. electric/conventional
- driveline functions, cab/chassis functions, HMI) together with inter controller communication
- knowledge (e.g CAN and LIN protocol)
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes and experience with real time embedded
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation and to explain complex
- technical information clearly;
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing, and the ability to collaborate
- across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill;
- Fluent in the English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing
- to learn the Dutch language.
- The following requirements are nice-to-have:
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques, preferably in Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow;
- Experience with agile/scrum;
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming;
- Knowledge of diagnostics and OBD;
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global
players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth,
Peterbilt and DAF. Within PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence
for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine
families that will meet future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the
transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly
products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global
operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the
development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of PACCAR
engines and DAF Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software,
Software Engineering and Hardware. As Senior Engineer Vehicle you will be working in the
Application Software group.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.