As Solution Engineer Logistical you will be responsible for realizing the logistical simulations from our crane projects in a profound and professional way. Hereby you will be securing practical know how into our simulation models and vice versa to continuous improve our designs. Work on the logistical simulations will vary but will take roughly 50% of your time, the other 50% you will be involved in designing the automation systems from our crane projects, creating specifications, implementing the software and where possible commissioning your work on site.
“We make real what matters”
Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification, automation and digitalization business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology. Industry 4.0, Big Data, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are particular applicable to crane solutions. With the development of sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for highly customized harbor and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments.
To enforce the team, the department Cranes is searching for a colleague with broad knowhow and experience with logistical simulations and an interest automation, simulation and digitalization.
“What does this role feel like?”
You will work together with the Cranes department in The Netherlands and Germany. You will have close contact with the sales, project management and engineering teams. As Solution Engineer Logistical you will report to Pieter van der Plas, head of engineering in The Netherlands.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, Create and maintain logistical simulation models related to container terminal equipment;
- Pro active cooperate with our sales team to use the logistical simulations in the sales phase;
- Organize monthly meetings with the simulation team;
- Actively participate in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes;
- Contribute to the overall design in cooperation with the responsible design engineer;
- The detail engineering of projects;
- Supports the commissioning and acceptance tests;
- May cooperate with Solutions of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate the technical interfaces;
- Track, document and report development progress regularly;
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
Logistical simulation knowledge/interest is needed for this vacancy. As described in the profile, logistical simulation is part of the work next to creating automation solutions for the projects. Knowledge from container cranes and or container terminals and their logistical processes is a preference, as well as it is a preference if you have experience or at least affinity with industrial automation of machines, understanding the influence of software on the behavior of the machine;
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or similar
- At least 3 years proven experience in the field of complex (automation) projects/ in an engineering environment as an engineer;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages,
- Knowledge of JEE application is a preference as well as: C++, C#, SQL, dotNET;
- Experience with Plant simulation or Demo3D/Emulate3D is a preference;
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally;
- In possession of a Dutch driver’s license, or in the process of obtaining it.
For the role of Solution Engineer Logistical salary will be based on experience: between €3000 - €4500 excl. ATV.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.