Would you like to be directly involved in the fight against global pandemics? Then keep reading!
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Assistant Scientist - Drug Substance Operations (DSO) at our client Janssen Vaccines & Prevention in Leiden.
Drug Substance Operations (DSO) has a GMP manufacturing facility at the Bioscience park in Leiden where they proudly produce groundbreaking medicines against diseases that have a global impact, such as vaccines against HIV, RSV and Ebola. This is also the place where there will be produced the COVID-19 vaccine material that was developed in-house by Janssen Vaccines and Prevention.
DSO is the department where Clinical Trial Material (CTM) is produced for new cutting edge vaccines that are in clinical testing Phases 1 to 3. There are two main production sites. The DSO production process is at pilot scale (50L) and is executed by two main teams. Upstream processing is performed by the I-team and downstream processing by the D-team. Each team consists of eight persons lead by a Supervisor. In the department positions are available for an Assistant Scientist that will be trained to perform the production of the first batches of COVID-19 vaccine.
The Assistant Scientist is primarily responsible for the cGMP production of CTM material, as requested by the organisation.
Apart from production operations, you will be updating documentation, be responsible for predefined process steps, and the state of related equipment. Next to these core tasks small improvements and innovative projects will be a stable part of your daily work package.
You will also be tasked to do data management, acute problem solving, and many other small and diverse tasks. As the job entails team work within a diverse and global organisation, we require good communications skills in English. As demand for the vaccine material increases you may be also be involved in the 900L scale production.
• Minimum completed MBO (level 4) or HBO degree, preferably in Microbiology/Life Sciences or equivalent.
• >2 years experience with cGMP manufacturing is a requirement.
• Able to converse and write effectively in technical English.
• Experience as (process) technician or equivalent in life science and for pilot plant operations in a cGMP environment if preferred.
- Quality is always the main goal for you, and Efficiency a close second
- Initiative, you seek out potential solutions yourself;
- You aim for full customer satisfaction. What is asked, you deliver with the required quality within the agreed timeframe;
- Operational troubleshooting capabilities;
- Can-do attitude, you can bring projects to their end and can find your own way around obstacles.
- Innovative thinker, able to think up new ideas for old problems.
- Interpersonal skills, able to provide and receive feedback in a constructive way. You make yourself part of discussions and help transform these into positive actions.
Terms of employment:
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Start: as soon as possible.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2700 and 3700 euro gross per month).
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
About the company:
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.