The Senior IT Infrastructure Expert / DBA is responsible to provide a consistent, adaptive and future proof technical architecture and framework to support Cygnific’ s goals and mission in a consistent, effective and efficient way. Next to that, the Senior IT Infrastructure Expert / DBA motivates and coaches the System Managers and matches the workload with the available resources to provide server system management and environment control efficiently, correctly and in time.
Furthermore, the Senior IT Infrastructure Expert / DBA delivers second and third line ICT support by troubleshooting incidents on the ICT infrastructure (both hardware and software). In addition, the Senior IT Infrastructure Expert / DBA manages and participates in projects that have an impact on the operational environment and manages the technical part of
the SQL / BI infrastructure.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Architecture: Develop and deploy a consistent, adaptive and future-proof ICT architecture in line with Cygnific’s business architecture;
- Senior operations system management: Design changes, scenarios and procedures for system management;
- Operations system management: Take ownership and ultimate responsibility for the ICT server and storage environment.
- Operational control: Forecast all current and future ICT System Management activities, prioritize these and match the resulting priority list with the available resources in order to secure an efficient, reliable and timely service to all parties concerned;
- People Management: Lead, motivate and coach the System Managers in order to maintain and secure their knowledge, experience and positive attitude towards the tasks and responsibilities, keeping the staff performance at an optimal level;
- SQL & BI management: Take technical ownership of the SQL / BI Infrastructure;
- Continuous improvement: Signal and take action upon malfunctions in processes and procedures and propose improvements.
- Polytechnic think and work level (HBO);
- At least 5 years of experience in working as a System Manager;
- Understanding of working on an ICT department in a commercial and service oriented 24/7 environment;
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in VMWare vSphere and ESXi, Storage Management (SAN), Active Directory with good understanding of Group Policies, Office 365, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint Online, Windows Server 2012/2016 management (Preferably Microsoft certified), McAfee ePO;
- Expert knowledge of networking, routers, switches and Firewalls (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS);
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server environment (Business Intelligence);
- Great scripting and PowerShell skills (Required and provable);
- A good working knowledge of current (commodity) ICT applications and systems;
- Knowledge of monitoring and system management tools;
- Additionally, knowledge of KACE K1000/K2000, Microsoft SCOM, BackupExec;
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch (written and spoken).
- Providing direction: Sharing the vision and goals of the company and/or department, making clear the roles and responsibilities of others in these goals and encouraging dedication, commitment and performance of others;
- Lean Leadership principles: Applying and propagating lean leadership principles in the daily leadership style and serving as an example for others in this respect;
- Building & maintaining relationships: Establishing and maintaining relationships with people at all levels. Making sound and rational decisions based on consideration of all relevant information available;
- Judgement & Problem resolution: Making sound and rational decisions based on consideration of all relevant information available;
- Customer & result orientation; Undertaking actions with effort, energy and tenacity, aimed at the achievement of objectives, concrete results and fulfillment of customer needs;
- Initiative: Seizing opportunities and acting upon them in a proactive and self-starting way.
- Customer service orientation: Providing a prompt, efficient and engaged service to customers, that leads to the best possible result.
- A competitive salary € 4500,- gross per month based on 40 hours a week;
- A one-year contract with the prospect of permanent employment;
- A challenging, innovative and international environment with great opportunities for you to explore;
- A vibrant and international office at Westerpark in Amsterdam and the possibility to work from home.
A more extensive description of the vacancy is available on request.
Cygnific is a proud daughter company of KLM. And we have sky-high ambitions ourselves as well: we want to become the most personal customer service team in the world. Our 1,500 high-flyers from 36 different countries contribute to this every day.
In 18 different languages they offer 24/7 service with a smile to passengers and travel agencies via email, telephone, live chat, social media and WhatsApp. Not only in Amsterdam and Enschede; our wings also spread to England, Albania, India and the Philippines.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.