Vanderlande’s Site Management Department is responsible for the Installation and project execution of Material Handling Systems, Airports, Warehouse Automation and Parcel Sortation systems for our customers on a global level. The increasing number of new projects and their geographical spread means the team is growing and expanding.
As Construction Manager you are responsible for the site-based installation & testing of medium to large projects (project size ranging from $50M – $100M). You will report hierarchically to the Installation department Manager, and daily to the Project Manager of the concerning project. In this position, you will be responsible for the Site Management project team to manage the installation of a baggage handling-, warehousing- or parcel sortation system. Within this project, you will be end responsible for the installation scope: site safety organization, the quality of the installation, ensuring the system is installed within agreed lead time and within specified budget.
You will do this by site (logistics) preparation, logistics/warehouse management, mastering the item flows, managing site subcontractor works and stakeholder management. You will manage a site team who will support you in achieving these objectives. Being responsible for all site related activities, you will be the counterpart of the Project Manager, who will be responsible for the complete project.
You are responsible for being proactive in reporting and managing logistic, installation progress, technical or organizational problems and having good communication with the customer about progress, out of scope work, non-conformities, timely payments and all other site related issues. This is an highly international role whereby the majority of the projects will take place within EMEA.
Other responsibilities are:
· Manage stakeholders at any level, including senior management (in- and outside Vanderlande);
· Manage on-site team: a.o. Warehouse manager, HSE manager, Supervisors (electrical, mechanical, logistical).
· Since you are the on-site representative with distance to the head office, entrepreneurship is key
· Draw up a challenging site-based project plan and lead the complete execution on site;
· Draw up an activity split-up so that lead times can be met or reduced;
· Manage claim avoidance and when necessary, claim handling;
· Manage quality, lead time, costs and provision of information;
· Full responsibility for reporting and escalating non conformities to customer and Project Manager and applying mitigating measures in these cases;
· Ability to mobilize the complete site-based organization and connect to the internal organization;
· Negotiate with customer and subcontractors. Manage contract issues in a professional way;
· Takes ownership over all site related challenges;
· Manage the high-quality execution of the installation process (schedule, quality) according the Vanderlande process map;
· Responsible for the site safety by creating, implementing and securing the site safety plan;
· Responsible to organize all HSE related activities on site.
· A Bachelor and (preferred) Master degree in industrial engineering or equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years of project management or construction management experience on larger/complex projects with high level of automation. Material handling system experience is a pre;
· Leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team;
· Ability to manage a team assuring that work is executed as per the project schedule;
· Profound understanding of contracts and able to effectively mitigate related risks;
· Experience serving as on-site representative while building relationships with clients is a pre;
· Ability to obtain required security clearances to work in Vanderlande project sites;
· Valid passport, international travel is required;
· Working experience in an International environment and multicultural teams;
· Experience with resource planning and site organization;
· Safety awareness on management level;
· Pro-active and decisive;
· Strong in English, verbal and in writing. Dutch is preferred;
· Willingness to travel up to 80% - 90%. You will be on site for the duration of the project. We use a rotor schedule (frequent home visits).
VL richt zich op 2 pijlers:
2. Warehousing & Parcel
In Corona tijd activiteiten mn gericht op Warehousing & Parcel (mn Amazon)
Cultuur: open cultuur, internationaal, wel brabantse inslag, gericht op samenwerking.
Goed werkgeverschap: sportschool fysio, bedrijfsrestaurant, etc.
LET OP: VI wil ongevraagd geen CV's ontvangen!!!!!!! (CL: 21 september 2018)
Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling (AIRPORTS) systems, and (WAREHOUSING) warehouse automation solutions.
Vanderlande Industries ( VI afgekort ) is recent overgstapt op twee nieuwe namen voor entiteiten:
Deze twee onderdelen moeten samenwerking intensiveren.
De inhoudelijke werkzaamheden, systemen, besturing, processen en SC / productie zijn nagenoeg gelijk, dus samenwerking, risicosprijding, schaalvoordelen, snelheid en customer satisfaction moeten conform nieuwe beleid eenduidig beantwoord en gemaakt worden.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.2 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 8.8 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 17 of the world’s top 25. More than 20 million parcels (300 packages per second) are sorted by its systems every day. These have been installed for a variety of customers including the four largest parcel and postal companies in the world. In addition, 12 of Europe’s top 20 e-commerce companies and many distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Established in 1949, Vanderlande has more than 4,000 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of more than one billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
Global Commercial Baggage Handling System market competition by top manufacturers, with production, price, revenue (value) and market share for each manufacturer; the top players including
G&S Airport Conveyor
Pteris Global Limited
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.