Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology. One of our latest developments is fully automated harbor cranes. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Therefore we are looking for a Specialist Engineer in The Hague who will be participating in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes. You will be working in complex projects dealing with the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, interfaces, drive systems and sensor systems. A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
What are my responsibilities?
- Actively participate in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes;
- Design and prepare integrated software solutions to interface with various subsystems according to the requirements;
- As system engineer you interconnect functionality over various function blocks
- Able to read and create operational and functional flowcharts;
- For our clients you act as a connecting element between engineering, maintenance IT and operations
- Track, document and report development progress regularly;
- May cooperate with specialists of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate technical interfaces;
- Perform Integral functional tests and acceptance tests together with client;
- Support or Perform commissioning at location globally;
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or simular
- At least 3 years proven experience in the field of complex (automation) projects/ in an engineering environment as an engineer;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages,
- Knowledge of dotNet application is a preference as well as: C++, C#, SQL;
- Knowledge from container cranes and or container terminals is a preference, as well as it is a preference if you have experience or at least affinity with industrial automation of machines, understanding the influence of software on the behavior of the machine;
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally;
- In possession of a Dutch driver’s license, or in the process of obtaining it.
- The candidate should be willing to work for a longer period on location and/or abroad.
Good communication, decisive, team player, great networker, flexible attitude, results-oriented and organizational talent. Can think and act in a practical and solution-oriented manner.
For the role of Industrial Automation Engineer salary will be based on experience: between €3000 - €4500 excl. ATV.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.