In this role you are responsible for purchasing third party parts & services from suppliers all over the world for global dry-docking projects of vessels. You will jointly define the project scope and be responsible for the requests for quotations, contracting of suppliers and the (international) logistics of the parts flow in the project. You will be a sparring partner for the Project Manager and will work in close cooperation with other functional disciplines. The Project Purchaser is a member of the Group Procurement & Supply Chain Management team and reports to the Group Procurement and Supply Chain Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Determine, present and implement the Procurement & Logistics Plan for your projects based on solid analyses, the needs of the project team and the category/sourcing strategy.
· Identify and manage risks and opportunities of the procurement part of assigned projects.
· Select suppliers in conjunction with the Project Manager, Technical Superintendent and category/sourcing managers.
· Execute the RFQ process, negotiate the terms and conditions and contract suppliers.
· Work closely with project managers to monitor progress
· Monitor and manage suppliers on project plans assuring timely delivery.
· Ensure appropriate adherence to the sourcing process, executing of operational tasks to order, expedite and follow up on key services and goods.
· Track and report in sourcing performance for the project.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· A University or Bachelor degree in a Technical, Purchasing or Supply Chain discipline.
· 5 years’ experience in a purchasing, procurement, supply chain or similar type of role in a project organization, preferably in a technical international environment.
· Technical affinity and keen interest in the maritime industry.
· Strong commercial, project management, negotiation and contract skills.
· Strong communication and relationship building skills
· A Pro-active, hands-on and decisive working approach.
· Fluent (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
· Dutch residency and willing to travel (incidentally) abroad.
You will go directly on contract with our client. It is possible to work 4 days at home and 1 day at the office. 32 hours per week is not an option.
Their office is now in Rotterdam but they will move next year to Papendrecht.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.