For our client DAF Trucks located in Eindhoven, we are looking for a Junior E/E Architect Electrification.
The Architecture department within Embedded Engineering of DAF Trucks is responsible for the translation of requirements on a functional level into a physical Electric/Electronic (E/E) Architecture consisting of Control Systems. It is a combination of hardware and software components, the further split of PACCAR developed Control Systems into an architecture consisting of hardware, Basic Software and Application Software, and maintenance of expertise in key areas, like data-security, diagnostics and functional safety.
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified E/E Architect for Electrification projects, to work within our creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
Junior E/E Architect Electrification
As Junior E/E Architect you will be part of a team which develops the E/E architecture for the entire DAF vehicle. Within this multidisciplinary team you will work together with a fellow E/E Architect to represent the support the electrification projects, and will take responsibility for a set of functions.
You will be responsible for:
- Definition of the E/E architecture, together with your fellow architects
- Mapping of your functions onto the E/E components within this architecture
- Refinement of the functional interfaces to hardwired I/O and network interfaces, like CAN and CAN-FD
- Mapping and refinement of functional and non-functional requirements to Control Systems
- Documentation of the functions
- Maintenance, improvement and extension of the architecture
You will review and approve:
- Stakeholder requirement documents
You will support:
- Root cause analyses of complex issues
- Process definitions and improvements
- Development and rollout of necessary processes and tools
In this position you will report to the Supervisor of the Architecture department and meet frequently with the Function Architects and Designers, Control System Architects, Principle Engineer Functional Safety, Product Owner Cyber Security and Control System Owners.
You bring the following qualifications:
Technical education on master level with a specialization in control theory, electrical- or automotive engineering
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of embedded software and/or hardware
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards (ISO 26262 and SPICE)
- Knowledge of CAN communication standards (J1939)
- Experience with automotive electrification, incl. high-voltage, is a plus
- Experience with IBM Rhapsody, UML and DOORSNG is a plus
- Experience with Change- and Configuration management is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and convincing
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract / conceptualize
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and to the point
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.
We offer you the first/next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career.
During your assignment we will coach you and help you develop your personal and professional skills. There will be a lot of learning on the job and also the possibility to do courses. We will always be in contact for you to make to best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment.
With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract we strive to give a satisfying contract with our professionals.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world; always being driven by our design philosophy “environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers”. As a global operating company we offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.