Are you a talented Mechanical Designer with strong skills and experience as Mechanical Designer. Do you have a proven track record in the development of sophisticated mechatronic systems? Do you like working with many different stakeholders on safety critical products for use within the healthcare domain? This is a unique opportunity to further grow your career within our IGT-systems business.
As Mechanical Designer, your responsibilities include:
- Initiate, oversee and help execute multi-disciplinary analysis and design activities to improve performance, safety and cost of the system;
- Be a reference for the multidisciplinary design team for mechanical design aspects;
- Within new product introduction projects and product life cycle activities you are responsible for requirements, integral design, implementation, test and integration in accordance with the higher level specifications. Including alignment with all the relevant internal and external stakeholders such as operations and procurement;
- Ensures that there is proper documentation for his/her design (e.g. Design calculations, dFMEA, Field data analysis, verification reporting);
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate modules in modular, easy-to-maintain units that meets the product specification;
- Understands and communicates consequences of his/her design on the architecture;
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities;
- • Contribute to the sourcing strategy including make-buy decisions, supplier selection, and contract management.
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and with at least 10 years of experience in relevant mechanical design and development projects;
- Able to coach and transfer knowledge to others;
- Preferably with experience in the Healthcare domain;
- Strong communication skills (English and Dutch), a down-to-earth mentality, ability to lead technical teams and deal with a diverse stakeholder field;
- Analytical, creative, and abstract thinker with ability to define and understand concepts/problems quickly, able to create and review technical documents and when needed applies hands on mentality;
- Accurate and quality minded;
- With a proven track record in supplier and stakeholder management.
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €4.800 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance and the ability to work according to a flexible work schedule. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
You will be part of the Mechatronics Development Cluster in the R&D organization of the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems Business Unit within Philips Healthcare. This Business Unit is responsible for marketing, development and manufacturing of X-Ray systems for cardiac or vascular medical diagnosis and intervention (e.g., balloon angioplasty and stent procedures). Customers are interventional specialists, in the cardiology and radiology domain operating in a wide variety of hospitals across the globe. The R&D organization consists of 450 people, organized around the main functions of the systems that we develop: the image chain, the robotics, the applications and the service and workflow functionality. The Mechatronics Development Cluster is amongst others responsible for the accurate positioning of the patient and imaging equipment. The cluster takes responsibility for all aspects of development including Mechanics, Electronics and Software. We work closely together with several other disciplines within and outside our organization (procurement, operations, service, marketing, quality and regulatory) to ensure the best end to end results. As Mechanical Designer you will be part of the department responsible for User Interfaces, Monitor Ceiling Suspensions, Accessories, System cabling and Cabinets.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.