For the Chassis Development department, we are looking for an experienced Engineer who can be widely deployed for the different groups within the department.
As an Engineer you are familiar with the principles of product development for chassis parts
- Frames and frame components such as battery boxes / fuel tanks.
- Parts for suspension and steering systems
- Cooling systems, intake / exhaust components and engine suspension
- Axles, drivetrain and brake parts
- Routing and Installation parts for hydraulic and pneumatic systems
You are at home in many markets and can quickly take up new subjects in the aforementioned fields. You translate the solutions you have created in the form of 3D CAD files into product and composition drawings. The proposals must of course fit in the relevant vehicle variants, which is ensured by you by working in a digital vehicle layout.
On the basis of an assignment description you are able to draw up a package of requirements that the requested constructions must meet;
The constructions you make are a well-considered whole in which the set requirements (including dynamic vehicle behavior, strength, stiffness, safety,
reliability, manufacturability, costs and weight) are realized;
You organize and participate in Simultaneous Engineering teams to support the development process;
The constructions (CAD files) are created in NX and processed in 3D files with the required product and assembly drawings;
You are responsible for starting up and following up the necessary tests.
- You have a technical education at HBO level in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics or similar;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a product development environment;
- You have thorough knowledge of CAD systems and experience with NX. This experience is really a must to be productive from day one, after a while you will become an expert in working NX.
- To avoid long IND procedures or delays because of the COVID situation, the company prefers to have candidates living in the EU or in the Netherlands.
- You can easily communicate at different organizational levels, whereby the Dutch and English language is no problem for you; Knowledge of German is a plus;
- To work on multiple projects at the same time, you are able to maintain an overview of the work schedule drawn up by you;
- You feel at home in a dynamic work environment and are driven to achieve results.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
In the position of Design Engineer Chassis Development you will work closely with other engineers and the Line Lead Engineer of the chassis system concerned. You report to the group head Steering & Suspensions.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.