Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Biotech Operator COVID-19 at Janssen Biologics in Leiden.
As a Biotech Operator, you will perform the upstream and downstream processes in the facility, detects abnormalities and participate in problem solving and implementation of corrective actions. And last but not least you will be responsible as area owner for support activities, such as tracking documentation and computer systems, "basic asset care", ensure the cleanliness (5S), maintenance of the area and equipment, sampling, transfer of knowledge etc. to ensure the new launch facility is ready to produce within EHSS and cGMP regulations.
As a Biotech Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Taking part in all activities related to the production of cGMP batches in the launch facility. This includes processes such as cell and virus culture, purification processes, formulation & fill and in-process testing.
- Accurately completion of documentation such as batch records, logbooks, etc.
- Working precisely, detecting and solving acute problems and communicate possible abnormalities.
- Preparing, assemble and disassembly of process equipment for production activities.
- Actively participating in setting up documentation to ensure successful production runs.
- Internal organization of the launch facility, including ISL, 5S and kanban systems.
- Associates (MBO) or Bachelor (HBO) degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, biomedicine, process technology (or equivalent education).
- > 1 relevant experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment
- Experience with cell and virus culture, purification processes, formulation & fill and/ or in-process testing.
- Experience with cGMP environment and EHSS standards is preferred.
- High degree of accuracy, initiative
- Flexible, can deal with changing priorities and stress-resistant
- Enthusiastic Team player
- “Can do” attitude, critical and proactive
- Good communication in English
- Able to work in shifts (16/5 or maybe 24/7)
Direct and full-time contract for 1 year. Salary ranging from 2200 to 3700 gross per month depending on seniority.
Janssen Biologics B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and is focused on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases. At the Leiden Site, talented and multi-scaled people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points.
The Vaccine Launch Facility (VLF) is a state-of-the-art vaccines GMP manufacturing facility, where they produce vaccines against infectious diseases, such as HIV RSV. The VLF is designed to manufacture drug substance on a 1000 L scale for Phase III and commercial purposes. As a response to the global COVID-19 pandamic the VLF has been appointed as one of the production sites for Janssen’s lead vaccine candidate for COVID-19.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.