As a Project Manager a Portfolio of Engineering Projects or discrete projects will be assigned to you.
You will reside in the organization to support the Manufacturing and Operations organization. You will put your leadership and management skills to oversee the delivery of our engineering services while projects are in design phase, you will be in charge of detailed engineering and project construction while projects are in the EPC phase. You lead to deliver services as required for the successful outcome of the projects.
The main responsibilities
• Manage Site Projects complying with safety standards and delivering within approved budget, schedule and according to project specifications and procedures;
• Manage and coordinate the execution of site projects throughout all phases (design, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning and closeout), by planning during development phases and controlling during site project execution, within company applicable policy, procedures and guidelines;
• Lead functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions;
• Develop project execution plan including contracting & sourcing strategy, with all stakeholders alignment and GPA to ensure proper project execution;
• Lead project execution by effectively managing safety, quality, cost and schedule.
• Interface with project stakeholders;
• Provide guidance to Project Management Team in application of project execution best practices and lessons learnt;
• Manage the Project Engineering Alliance/Contractor resources, safety compliance, team efficiency performance, quality execution and response capability;
• Implement the project execution plan for proactive control of project scope, quality, cost and schedule, report on progress, identify deviations, forecast trends, take corrective actions as needed, promote communications, and coordinate the activities of all participants on the project;
• Continuously provide insight in project controls for the portfolio in-hands;
• Develop and maintain the system for early identification of time and/or cost potential deviations and timely decision-making of corrective actions;
• Engage and coordinate with corresponding E&PM Departments for risk management and quality audits;
• Apply management of change procedures to control project changes;
• Responsible of project close out, technical & financial, and upload actual project data for future reference of information to all authorized stakeholders and project team members;
• BSc or University degree in Engineering;
• International certification in Project Management from a worldwide recognize institution is a plus;
• 5 years of experience in petrochemicals or in industrial environment;
• 5 to 10 years of project management experience;
• Excellent Leadership ability with demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results;
• In-depth knowledge of industrial installations as chemical plants and facilities;
• Knowledge of engineering standards and applicable industrial specifications;
• Good understanding of engineering drawings and know-how of effective requisitions;
• Fluent in English language (conversation and writing);
• The drive and enthusiasm to deliver successes;
• Problem solving attitude, self-motivator;
• Good planning, scheduling and project management skills;
• Good interpersonal and teambuilding skills;
• Able to work under pressure, tight schedules;
• Able to manage multiple relations within and outside the organization;
• Able to cope with multiple parallel smaller detail driven projects;
• Excellent communicator, initiator, knowledgeable, high integrity level;
• Has the ability to influence others without exercising direct power: Likes to work with others, others like to work with you;
Good salary and secundairy conditions.
Working with Yacht
At Yacht we strive for professional development and therefor look at the complete picture with all its dynamics. What do YOU need to develop your skills and practices for the next step in your career?
We respect everybody’s career path and help professionals grow, by means of trainings, mentorships, additional feedback etc. Career development is crucial for every professional and Yacht has the means & methods to facilitate YOUR growth.
We operate within the triangle Botlek, Delfzijl and Chemelot and because of our large population of professionals, we required a huge insight in different engineering positions on multiple levels.
Due to this, we can set milestones in YOUR development and structurally work ourselves towards these milestones, step by step.
For the more senior professionals, we use our huge network to find the right position, best circumstances and ideal team where you can accelerate and utilize your acquired knowledge & experience.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.