Randstad Global is looking for a semi-senior Data Engineer to join our Cloud Optimization Team (COT) at Randstad Technology Platform Services (RTPS) in the exciting journey of maturing our cloud optimization and financial practices towards a sustainable cost optimization lifecycle.
As more than one cloud comes into play and with the foreseen expanding value-add service landscape of COT RTPS services, the efficient management of data is crucial and we need your expertise for scaling out and up while keeping the quality of the delivered services.
Tasks and responsibilities
● you will be interacting with a large number of people and roles within and outside of the COT team including but not limited to cloud optimization engineers, technical account managers, operations team, subject matter experts, cloud architects, business/finance controllers;
● You love thinking along with the team how to migrate/optimize, build and architect the current data model and methods into a new data management model by making use of our public cloud offerings such as GCP (e.g. BigQuery/DataPrep/DataStudio) or AWS (e.g. S3/Redshift/Athena) while keeping an automation mindset;
● You will have the opportunity to apply your background in building analytics data models under quality standards (availability, integrity, confidentiality, actuality, frequency and completeness) to support the team in a broad range of analytical requirements;
● You will own the data model end-to-end so your skills will come in handy not just to collect, extract, and clean the large scale data within cloud billing and usage of multiple clouds and other sources, but also to understand the systems that generated it;
● On an ongoing basis, you'll be responsible for improving and scaling the data by adding new sources, coding business rules, and producing new metrics that support the team in the creation of relevant reports and scorecards that will ultimately be used to drive discussions with c-level customers and drive decisions;
● You will give advice on potential areas where data streams can be optimised.
Your background and experience:
• bachelor or master degree in Informatics or equivalent experience;
• at least 5 years professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role;
• experience with solution building and architecting with public cloud offerings such as GCP (e.g. BigQuery/DataPrep/DataStudio) or AWS (e.g. S3/Redshift/Athena);
• experience in test automation and ensuring data quality across multiple datasets used for analytical purposes;
• experience with Big Data architectural best practices;
• solid understanding in building RESTful APIs;
• FinOps Practitioner certification is a plus;
• Google Cloud Platform certification is a plus;
• AWS certification is a plus.
Role related and general competencies
● you work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, and with diverse international individuals and groups;
● transforms data and manages the (re)uses of data;
● indexes data for performance optimization;
● knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database techniques and systems, database design, data modelling and normalization;
● designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using any development language.
● you are an excellent communicator (written and oral) with interpersonal skills;
● you have an eye for details;
● you have a structured way of problem solving with analytical skills;
● you have affinity with engaging with global suppliers/partners to address challenges that require a technical solution;
● you are forward thinking and persistent to thrive for quality.
Within Randstad we defined the following Human Forward Leadership competencies:
• delighting people: connect people (client, talent, employee, society), building strong client relationships and delivering client-centric solutions;
• performing today: resourcefulness securing and developing resources effectively and efficiently;
• leading change: manages ambiguity operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear;
• securing the future: drives vision and purpose painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
What do you get in return?
In return for your talent and effort we pay a good, competitive salary and offer attractive benefits. Job security and a great work-life balance mean we take care of each other. Imagine having an instant network where everyone wants you to succeed. And we have the numbers to back that up: we’re 38,280 employees strong, with over 4,861 offices in 38 countries. And 47% of our management is female. In addition you receive:
· mobility allowance
· bonuses if targets are being met
· 8.5% vacation allowance
· a benefit budget, of which you can decide to choose for extra money, vacation days, a bicycle, tablet, sports membership, or educational possibilities of your own choice
· 25 vacation days, with the ability to buy an additional 26
· a laptop
· budget to choose your own phone
· sim card with voice and data
· a lot of flexibility; work from anywhere, set your own learning goals
· a smart and international work environment
· unlimited learning and growth opportunities
· a great global network in the HR industry
The world around us
We live in extraordinary times. Technology, society, the job market - they’re all rapidly advancing, and opening up previously unimagined opportunities. With innovation driving the world of work even faster, many of us are left wondering: how can I find a job that works for me?
People at the heart of everything we do
Working at Randstad is unlike working at any organization. Because at Randstad we put people at the heart of everything we do; this goes for our clients, our candidates, our employees and society. By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s technologies, we support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. We call this Human Forward.
Randstad’s performance standards are high, but as a team, we’ll make sure you reach and even exceed them through a wide range of learning and development opportunities. Joining our team means getting to work with great people. Each of them is crucial to maintaining our open-minded, entrepreneurial, and vibrant company culture.
Sure you’ll work hard, but this hard work is also rewarded, and success is celebrated. It’s the culture you’ll find in any of our global Randstad offices.
Randstad is the global leader in the HR services industry. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential by combining the power of today’s technology with our passion for people. We call it Human Forward. In 2020, we helped nearly two million candidates find a meaningful job with more than 236,000 clients. Furthermore, we trained close to 350,000 people. Randstad is active in 38 markets around the world and has a top-three position in almost half of these. In 2020, Randstad had on average 34,680 corporate employees and generated revenue of € 20.7 billion. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext. For more information, see www.randstad.com
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.