Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for an Assistant Scientist DSP at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention in Leiden.
We are looking for a motivated Assistent Scientist or Engineer within the field of downstream process development (DSP). Under limited supervision, but as part of a team you you will plan, prepare and execute scientific studies. These activities consist of:
- Perform unit operations include filtration, chromatography and UF/DF. Experiments may be performed on pilot scale (50L) or in reduced-scale models.
- Supporting the team in preparing experiment and related tasks (ordering via SAP, organizing the lab etc.)
- Work on making the processes more efficient for better execution
- Maintaining buffer logistics
- Prepping the samples that need to be delivered to a different department.
- Work together and be part of a multicultural team.
Process development consists of a USP and a DSP department and is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments.
- You have a BSc degree (candidates with a Master will not be considered for this position)
- You have >2 years work experience within DSP
- You have hands-on experience with purification techniques like chromatography and UF/DF
- You have GMP working knowledge
- Vaccine experience is highly preferred
- You work accurately and you are a team player with excellent communicational skills
- You are Lab-oriented and detailed
- You can easily connect with others and work independently
- You get energy from performing experiments
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year .
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2700 and 3300 euro gross per month). You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.